1993 Dave Yates D.O.N.K.I.S. K.N.O.B.

where did your other shifter go?

It's in the big sprocket at the back, so the lever's hiding behind the bar end from this angle :)

Lovely bike. Post another pic when it's knobblied up ;-)

Love it.. that's a stunner...

Just my 2p worth... nobblies and pls sort out the cable routing at the seat tube junction :D

Cheers,

Chaser

chaser":30nisarb said:
Love it.. that's a stunner...

Just my 2p worth... nobblies and pls sort out the cable routing at the seat tube junction :D

Cheers,

Chaser

i swapped the rear gear cable to the furthest left set of bosses,if you look at the front end it gives a much cleaner cable line from the right hand shifter.....unfortunately it straightened out the centre section of outer cable,it does make contact each end but looks a little tense!!.....first job when i have had some life from the cable....

That's a very nice frame indeed. I have to admit I think it's the silliest name for a bike frame ever, so it's a good thing you don't have a top tube decal.

Clearly you've got Columbus Max OR bi-ovalised main tubes there, which were pretty expensive tubes BITD and obviously lend themselves very nicely to fillet brazing. I have them on an Explosif, and the joins are nothing like so neat with TIG. Do you know what the stays are made of? Is that a tube sticker on the seatstay? The chainstay really is an extreme shape, it must make it quite stiff in the vertical plane!

It looks amazingly well preserved for a 16 year old bike. I guess the owner treated it with special care after he paid so much for it!

Anthony":2b4g0pr8 said:
That's a very nice frame indeed. I have to admit I think it's the silliest name for a bike frame ever, so it's a good thing you don't have a top tube decal.

Clearly you've got Columbus Max OR bi-ovalised main tubes there, which were pretty expensive tubes BITD and obviously lend themselves very nicely to fillet brazing. I have them on an Explosif, and the joins are nothing like so neat with TIG. Do you know what the stays are made of? Is that a tube sticker on the seatstay? The chainstay really is an extreme shape, it must make it quite stiff in the vertical plane!

It looks amazingly well preserved for a 16 year old bike. I guess the owner treated it with special care after he paid so much for it!

the stays are reynolds 753.....the fillet brazing is smooth across the bike and looks great,the feel to ride is good too,quite stiff but with that steel "zing" missing in an alloy frame of the same era......i took a gamble in buying it without seeing it but i was happy when i got my hands on it......the fork internals were shot and needed replacing but what the seller described as storage marks turned out to be one tiny spot of cable rub on the headtube and nothing else!!!.....that was the reason for the above described cable rerouting......it clearly hasnt been thrashed too much.........i totally agree with your comments on the name too,as a 37 year old father of two i am glad the name was left to those in the know!!! ;) .......do you know what it would have cost the buyer bitd???

Latest posts

Back