1994 Chas Roberts Dogs Bolx WARNING PICTURE RICH!!

Great looking bike :)

It also looks a little different to the to every other DOGS BOLX I've seen with a single colour and a the Tange fork.

The cable routing is also interesting to note. Every other photo I've seen of a DOGS has top tube cable routing whereas this obviously has downtube routing for the shifting. Was this how you ordered it? Or just how it came??

:shock: perfect. how much does it weigh ? sweet welds. CR always makes the best of British :cool: :cool: :cool:

lovely - very sleeky look :cool:
no fancy anodizing - does not need any ;)

"simple et de tres bon gout" as french say :idea:

stevek":b04swddp said:
Dogsbolx94":b04swddp said:
feetabix":b04swddp said:
wow...lovely bike.....id be put off halfway down my local trail by that sultry blonde winking at me :shock: ....could the designer have had a thing for the human league???

Feetabix,

I believe that lovely Lady is Summer from Jo Burt's Mint Sauce cartoon strips.

She certainly inspires me when climbing hard up steep trails.

Mike

Quite correct. :D

summer2.jpg

Steve......yes..........lovely picture. I have not seen this one of her before.

Years ago I thought she was Mother Nature but revisiting these cartoon strips on the internet corrected my error.

Mike

andrewl":j4a727w6 said:
Great looking bike :)

It also looks a little different to the to every other DOGS BOLX I've seen with a single colour and a the Tange fork.

The cable routing is also interesting to note. Every other photo I've seen of a DOGS has top tube cable routing whereas this obviously has downtube routing for the shifting. Was this how you ordered it? Or just how it came??

Andrewl,

yes you are spot on with your views.

This is the advantage of having a frame made for you and Chas made sure my requirements were met or discussed to offer the best solutions.

This bike was to be as light as possible and have everything stripped off it that was not required. Nothing superfluous was added that would detract fromthe minimalist ethos, e.g. all drop outs had any rack mounts removed.

Cable routeing was my choice to leave the top tube looking as clean and luncluttered as possible.

Braze fillets radius kept to a minium to save weight but not to compromise strength.

Screw holes to mount my DIY Chainsuck device added.

Made to measure H/Bar stem for height and reach.

Simple classic colour scheme to keep the "pure and simple" ethos of the bike. Any other colour would have made it "look" heavy!

Mike

Dogsbolx94":2d5vo863 said:
This is the advantage of having a frame made for you and Chas made sure my requirements were met or discussed to offer the best solutions.

This bike was to be as light as possible and have everything stripped off it that was not required. Nothing superfluous was added that would detract fromthe minimalist ethos, e.g. all drop outs had any rack mounts removed.

Cable routeing was my choice to leave the top tube looking as clean and luncluttered as possible.

Braze fillets radius kept to a minium to save weight but not to compromise strength.

Screw holes to mount my DIY Chainsuck device added.

Made to measure H/Bar stem for height and reach.

Simple classic colour scheme to keep the "pure and simple" ethos of the bike. Any other colour would have made it "look" heavy!

Mike

I thought there must have been a few custom additions, although I'm surprised no one else picked up on the differences to the 'standard' DOGS BOLX ;)

I know I looked at the photos for ages and then looked at mine and other photos to pick up on the sutble changes.

Back