Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Analog Kid":20m3jd33 said:
My Brother's Marzocchi-forked, Magura-braked e-stay Saracen, not sure of the precise model

That's the 1991 Conquest Hydrotech with all of the original kit as it came out the factory. First complete one I've seen in 16 years :D

My first MTB

This was my first mountain bike, bought in 1991 from a police sale. It was originally bright pink, fitted with DX 7sp bits apart from mafac cantilevers. The top tube was replaced by Dave Russell in 1995. Sadly he didnt replace htew concealed cable run.

Any ideas what it is? A tufftrax? The frame is fillet brazed steel. I was thinking of having the cable run rebuilt and the frame resprayed pink again.

Here are some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/julesboz/OldSaracen?authkey=Gv1sRgCMPelu_6r_vE-gE#5402137841981247842

neilll":nbnzsjit said:
Analog Kid":nbnzsjit said:
My Brother's Marzocchi-forked, Magura-braked e-stay Saracen, not sure of the precise model

That's the 1991 Conquest Hydrotech with all of the original kit as it came out the factory. First complete one I've seen in 16 years :D

Sadly as that Photo is from BITD (probably '92) it's probably not surprising it was still complete at that point, I know the forks gave up before he sold it on, what became of it after that (other than the aforementioned respray) I don't know :(

Pink Kili Flyer

Thanks Oldmarin,
It was a couple of years old when I got it so 89 is a likely match.
Jules

Re: Pink Kili Flyer

jules.b":36xmam2v said:
Thanks Oldmarin,
It was a couple of years old when I got it so 89 is a likely match.
Jules

have a look on page 4 of this thread, A pinky purple Kili Flyer with seamless welds and tange prestige tubes. One of myall time fav bikes ever and Heathy's is pretty much NOS with original everything including bottle and cage :cool: The best example of an early saracen you will ever see

My first MTB

That's IT! The one on page four. I loved mine, thrashed it round various SAMS and Gorrick races, ground the bits to dust. I'll have to look in to getting it fixed up. Unyone know a reliable framebuilder in Suffolk?

Back