1998 Fat Chance Yo Eddy Restomod

ridevintagemtb

BoTY Winner
Kona Fan
Some of you may have seen this posted on Fatcogs, but I throw it up here for those who would appreciate it.

What seems like a looong time ago, I searched forever for the right frame for this project. It finally came up on ebay, and there was no stopping me.

Off to Rody @ Groovycycleworks it went for disc tab addition & paint. I'm very pleased with everything... Rody truly does amazing work. I've actually had it together for many months now, and have put some solid miles on it. As you can see, this is no garage queen.

lav_sideshot.jpg

lav_above.jpg

adam_deadmans.jpg

adam_bear.jpg

icelakes0002.jpg

Nice one Mike :cool: paint looks lush, is there a slight pearl to it? What year was the Yo and how much travel is the SID running? Tyres maybe look a wee bit chunky for the frame(?) but if its a rider got to go with what works :)

kaiser":23x078t8 said:
Nice one Mike :cool: paint looks lush, is there a slight pearl to it? What year was the Yo and how much travel is the SID running? Tyres maybe look a wee bit chunky for the frame(?) but if its a rider got to go with what works :)

98. Yes, there's a slight sparkle & pearl to the paint. It needs to be seen in person to be understood... Rody has posted the process on Fatcogs.

Running between 63 & 80mm on the forks. The guy who worked on them said he couldn't quite get them to 80.. but what I have now works.

Yes. 2.3s were a bit overkill, and they've been changed since those photo.

That's pretty cool Mike. Bet it rides :cool:

What were Rody's thoughts about the addition of the disc mount?

Very :cool: and don't worry I've yet to see a pair of 80mm SIDs with more than 70mm of travel,when I complained about it years ago apparently 10mm is negative travel!

John":1g8xjxd1 said:

The bullet stays push the actual tube far from the hub shell, so he had to machine a special piece to push it further inwards.

He gave it the green light, and its working fine so far.

That's beautiful, another fine job again in your bike collection, great colours/ideas and great photographs too.

Well done :)

ameybrook":14emcdpy said:
John":14emcdpy said:

The bullet stays push the actual tube far from the hub shell, so he had to machine a special piece to push it further inwards.

He gave it the green light, and its working fine so far.

Be good to see some close ups of the disc mount.

Back