1938 Fleet (Schwinn) C-model Klunker Project

Dr S":32kytys3 said:
Looking fantastic J. Where did you get the stencils for the darts?

The stencils came from this ebay'er. He usually doesn't have them listed, but he has them for the same price as his other kits. Just contact him through ebay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/oldstuff4yousheepdog/

Ductape":32kytys3 said:
J,
Great choice of colors. This bike keeps getting better all the time. The suspense must be killing ya. I finally won a set of TA's last week so I am guessing I am only about 9 months behind you with my C build. Glad the weather warmed up .It was rainy and cold out west and I figured you wer e also getting cold weathered out. now you have all winter to gather and polish .....

Sweet!

Thanks Ductape and al!

The suspense is totally killing me. Still need tires, grips, some foil decals for the TAs and to chrome the truss rods.

What length TAs did you score?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
180's. Recieved them yesterday.Need some attention with a buffer, but all and all they look pretty cool.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... =all&tid=0

Needless to say, I did not get as good of a price as you.

I used the same contact for stencils that you did When painting the DX and thought it was well worth the money paid:

untitled-1.jpg

Glad to see your bike is coming together so well.
T

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ductape":3fpzbmdt said:
Glad to see your bike is coming together so well.
T

It's getting there. Thanks!

I spent a few minutes wet sanding the black/white edges with 1500 sand paper then a couple hours polishing out the sanding with Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. I had never color sanded before so I was a bit apprehensive, but it went really well. I can barely feel the edge now.

I think I might cave and have the pin stripes done next week. I need to head over to his part of the state next week for work, so I can just drop it off. For anybody in/near Michigan the website is:

http://scottssigngallery.com/

I also got some AME grips in the mail off of ebay. They should work nicely.

P1100774.jpg

I decided to go for Cheng Shin C693 tires for a nostalgic look. $11 each off of the bay (with free shipping), so I figured it was worth a shot.

I was pleasantly surprised that they have a nice big cross-section :D

P1100778.jpg

P1100777.jpg

P1100780.jpg

al":1cbufo8b said:
Fantastic!!

If only you could just send one picture a day,as to prolong my enjoyment of the build. :D

Al, grey streaked hair is in at the mo'! but not down stairs!

I blame Al.................
All this cool stuff going on to the bike and and we get a few little teaser shots.......

J, All the sudden you are getting things done.

That blue looks cool. A friend of mine set me up with a set of those.....

Don't blame me!

The way this build is turning out, i may end up with a new screen saver.

I was getting a bit sick of the picture of Simon Cowell in hotpants anyway!! ;)

Al. :D

Ductape":3azb9ats said:
J, All the sudden you are getting things done.

The frame and fork are at the pin striper and the truss rods are at the chromer. Hopefully done in a couple weeks.

We had a nice warm day, so I squirted some primer and the Eastwood faux Zinc Phosphate paint on the 1976 Ashtabula stem and hardware.

It's a little more gray than I thought but should look decent. I'd describe it as a very very dark gray, semi flat black with a hint of metallic.

P1100781.jpg

P1100782.jpg

Back