First pics of my KLEIN Rascal

mattpayne":2l4iigin said:
looks lovely... but where the hell did that fork come from!!!! :shock: the steerer is massive!!! must be atleast a foot long! im guseeing a 45" frame for some giant! lol!!!

Nah, steerer is only 24cm (approx). But that still is massive for me... I think this was for a 22" frame or something, but when I look at it I can't help thinking "Why the h*ll would a 22" frame need such a long head-tube" :) My frame would be 18" (KLEIN measurement) I think and the damn thing has a head-tube of approx 10cm...

Anywayz, got the fork from someone in here (Jeroentjeeeeeee!!!!). So maybe he would know where it's from. But it was NOS (and I can imagine with this steerer, you could well mount it into a chopper with this tube haha). ;)

The forks are some NOS ones from KOGA MIYATA, I know cause I sold about 30 of them ;) (also to Jeroen).
Now I have only one left and I regret that I didn't keep more to myself :)
KOGA's used to have long steerer tubes, it has something to do with their philosophy about geometry (Melvin can tel you all about it ;) )'
Lovely Bike by the way!!
greetz roy

Very nice :cool: Almost any bike looks classy in white and black. But it really shows off the way the tubes 'flow' into each other. I hope the rest of the build will be as tasteful!

BoyBurning":nqbv2sie said:
Nice floor!!

Oh and nice frame too of course! Black and white on kleins always looks good.

Have you seen this Attitude before...?

http://www.wink.jp/~and/atti1.htm

Think it's one of the best looking Kleins of all time (well apart from mine of course...)

Hehe, thanx about the floor... it is kinda special (only the doors need to be redone cause I hate yellow!).

That white Attitude is sweeeeettt... I was thinking about doing mine somewhat in this style. Seatpost will be black, saddle white (since the stem etc is black as well). Is there such a thing as white grips?? Wheels will be silver hubs and pokenipples, black rims and spokes, black skewers. Brakes will be silver Onza HO's, crank will be silver(ish) XT M730 with black chainrings (except the small one). Brakelevers will be black/silver or silver... if I find any to go with my HO's that is. Otherwise they will be standard M733 levers in black.

Quite a nice idea eh? :cool: :shock: :twisted: :idea:

Maybe I'll sign up for a BOTM once it's done... just maybe I will.

LTS Biker":2cov88o8 said:
Why not white hubs?
I have some Avid Ultimate Titanium in white. So if you're interested....

Uhm... would them be 7-speed (and preferably new/NOS)?? Might be interested :?:

i bet that steerer tube is just a plain threaded 1" tube with a groove at the bottom for the snap ring. at least that's how the Bontrager steerer tubes are made. if so, you can take any decent old road fork that's lying in the parts bin at your LBS (usually can be had for free), cut off the steerer tube at the correct length, machine the groove into the bottom and presto. you can make the groove yourself with a hacksaw and a small round file but if you know someone who can turn it into the tube on a lathe that would be easier.

the steerer tube length is the head tube length (92mm i think) plus stack height (around 40mm for a threaded head set) plus whatever spacers or brake cable hanger you want to use (now or in the future). plus of course what is buried in the crown.

that's a 19" (Small) frame btw. very nice in white, love it!

Carsten

Void(EN12-82)":1k4vvk20 said:
LTS Biker":1k4vvk20 said:
Why not white hubs?

Oh the Ultimates (a bit strange written) are brakelevers and they are unused, I bought them new. I wanted to build a light Zaskar LE Team in white, but I'm moving the project to the future.

SRAM had white hubs.

LTS Biker":1r8xc167 said:
Void(EN12-82)":1r8xc167 said:
LTS Biker":1r8xc167 said:
Why not white hubs?

Oh the Ultimates (a bit strange written) are brakelevers and they are unused, I bought them new. I wanted to build a light Zaskar LE Team in white, but I'm moving the project to the future.

SRAM had white hubs.

Hehehe... I already thought "Hmmm, Avid Ultimate hubs? I've heard of Avid Ultimate before but can't remember them being hubs" ;) :LOL:

Anywayz, aren't Avid Ultimates for V-brakes? Because I'm gonna use Onza HO brakes (cantilever that is) on my KLEIN.

Back