Cantilevers or v brakes

Russell":2x93seul said:
Most V-brakes are better than most cantis, anyone that says otherwise just hasn't set their 'V's up right

Nope, but the bike my Canti's are stopping is considerably lighter and has better pads than the bike i had with V's.

Period correct doesn't bother me - but I'm glad it bothers other people.

I use and abuse my bikes so it has to V's if only so I can jump from one to another and not end up killing myself on the first downhill.

I may have to try canti's again for a laugh though :LOL:

i like the idea of canties... but i also like the thought of keeping my front teeth!!! :) and after riding tintins canti/ubrake combo :shock: i know that i need (for my riding style!) brakes that work! lol!!!

tintin40":ujdsy4pc said:
:D I've still got all my own teeth :D :LOL:

im putting that down to luck more than anything else!!! :p when you took your wrong turn i was looking for odd trimble shaped holes in the shrubbery!!!

:LOL: that's my skill ;) plus i don't go that fast. give it a few more months and loose some weight (me not the bike) I'll be catching you youngsters :LOL:

mattpayne":z08o0q2q said:
[
im putting that down to luck more than anything else!!! :p when you took your wrong turn i was looking for odd trimble shaped holes in the shrubbery!!!

it would have been easy to spot at least!

Was quite a good detour actually, I enjoyed the steep, rooty, loose downhill!

The whole route was great. good climbing, long fast decents and not my fav but single track with tree roots. Your so lucky to have that so near :D Us city types have Richmond Park :cry:

Back