Dekerf Mountain Project

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
New Dekerf project :D Plans are sketchy at the moment but I'm hoping to do the full resto myself. The extent of the repairs is still to be decided, whether to replace the chainstays and stays or patch repair and braze, I'll hopefully consult the MTBR frame forum. Anyway very excited, was considering singlespeeding but I think I'll go for a full period resto . I believe its a 94 so I'll be after parts from 94/95ish.

Anyway tell us what you think :)

4085554679_f1208b3f7c_b.jpg

4086314500_fab6a46809_b.jpg

4085556587_60f2daea64_b.jpg

4085575839_9414d1c06b_o.jpg

Looks nice mate if a bit broken :roll:

I think it has SS written all over it, track drop outs get rid of the unnecessary guides, your not going to sell it on once repaired so why not go the whole hog? I'd xt it's ass but that's my answer to every bike :LOL:

Fair bit of work to do before you start hanging any bits on.
Looking at the state of the stay and rear dropout I think I would opt for replacements. Are they into sockets on the bb ?

clockworkgazz":tfa57tt9 said:
Looks nice mate if a bit broken :roll:

I think it has SS written all over it, track drop outs get rid of the unnecessary guides, your not going to sell it on once repaired so why not go the whole hog? I'd xt it's ass but that's my answer to every bike :LOL:

The broken bit is what excites me :oops: I was thinking SS but if the Kona works out and the muddy fox stays anymore then 2 singlespeeders is too far :oops: besides I'm looking to go a bit more period with my builds from now on.

porkypaw":171johyq said:
Fair bit of work to do before you start hanging any bits on.
Looking at the state of the stay and rear dropout I think I would opt for replacements. Are they into sockets on the bb ?

Indeed and some new skills to learn too. BB is tig'd.

The Ken":4qmdzsdk said:
A lot of work to do kaiser, I'm looking forward to seeing the repair work on the frame.

Cheers bud, gonna be a long one. :)

Back