The Batavian's ride

Its a shame that bike manufacturers don't employ methods like this :roll:
Absolutely beautiful piece of work :shock:

Yes, ...wow... it is :LOL:

With the rear brake cable routing it is more or less the same. Cable enters top tube right after the headlug >>>

4080618094_5b29ed05a4.jpg

...and exits through the seatpost. The procedure is: Set the post at the for you required height, mark where the cable has to leave, take post out and dril hole.

En profil pic of the frame:

4080613974_b86938be0e_b.jpg

The bolt that secures the post threads directly into the left seatstay. That bolt looks, like the recessed brake calliper mounting nuts, specially milled from stainless steel. No pic available yet. That the the bottom bracket shell is 63mm wide is hard to catch in a pic, but you can see a glimpse of the multiple holes drilled in the shell. This is not unique for this frame though. Many more Miyatas had it and all the other 'newer' FullPros I know had 'M' cut outs in the shell.

My knowlegde of Japanese is quite limited. I have absolutely no idea what this sign represents or says >>

4080621052_0c14167bf6.jpg

They are cool

I made some nicer pics of the Batavus later

4597733611_b83420f939_b.jpg

4597727243_4fb88afa93_z.jpg
4597727967_942f69bff6_z.jpg

4598347110_e12b535800_z.jpg

"Made in Holland" =>

4597728655_80e0625b7e.jpg

Somewhat later I were able to get hands on a team Batavus-Gonso crossbike :)

4240526208_8d59f85791_b.jpg

Excellent work and top finds!!

Makes me want to go to Holland for a bike hunting trip!!

Love the Full pro S..............

Hi,

I am new to the forum, noticed your posting of the Fullpro-S a few weeks ago, a fascinating frame. Today I spotted this seatpost on a Dutch classifieds site - by the way it is slotted it looks like it is made to accomodate the brake cable go through as you described. The two dots could be meant to indicate the range of adjustment. Thought you might be interested.

I'm not set up for posting images yet, but the attachment function seems to work for now:

Attachments

• Shimano 600 stem slotted.png
    Shimano 600 stem slotted.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 506
Hi Dunks,

Thanks for the heads up :D

It is an interesting seatpost. It could be a 600, but Dura Ace AX is also a possibility. DA EX and DA7400 are no option, as they have the text recessed.

Of course I immediatetely did extensive measuring on my frame and post to see whether the offered post could fit or possibly could even be from an identical (or the same!) frame. My findings:

- Diameter differs: 26.8mm for my frame, while the post is a 27.0mm. Of course the post could be milled down a little to fit the frame, but it is not original for this frame.

- It looks like the opening in the offered post is wider than the opening in my post. Only the innercable runs through my post.

- The offered post has the opening substantially lower. If I would place it in my frame, the seat would be too high.

Bottom line is that it is a very interesting post that is well designed for possibly or probably the same purpose. I have never seen a 2nd of my FullPro-S. I do not recall seeing another bike with the same routing, but I could imagine one or a couple appeared in the early 80s aero era. It is simply more aero than conventional through the toptube routing.

The post I got with my frame is a nice post of slightly later era. Seat was positioned at the required height for former owner and after that the post was drilled. With a Cinelli Unicator in place it is also my height. On the original post: I didn't get it and I don't know where it is.

You're welcome.

I guess it would have been a big coincidence if it would fit, the frame being so rare. Would be great to see it built up by te way.

Back