Zap!

I tend to not like ZX1 in another colour than that silver of the Peugeot. The solid red make it look burly or fat, but it could be the photographer of the Peugeot was a real professional and knows how to hide or not highlight less pleasant aesthetics.

Nice! In the meantime, I had the opportunity to buy myself a ZX-1 and I couldn't resist seizing it. And i don't regret it one bit! It's Vitus branded and it doesn't have the Mavic trispokes, but some Zonda HPIs which are also nice. I will make a topic for it some time.

Edit: there's a typo in the brochure, it says the bike is equipped with Dure-ace :eek:

Edit 2: On the other page there's a PC 1000 D, which looks to me like a rebadged Alan carbonio. Seems strange that Peugeot offered this bike since they were already acquainted with Vitus (they offered a rebadged 979 way before the ZX-1). Why did they opt for the Alan while Vitus had a very similar frame in their line-up?

I just found this thread while searching ZX1 pictures...

I bought an ZX1 Frame back in 1997 as a replacement for my stolen '85 Pinarello.

I got some money from the insurance and than I saw the Vitus at my LBS.
I was falling in love imeadetly ;-)

So I bought the frame for a special price (maybe the ZX1 wasn't anymore in production that time).

It took me some time to save the money I needed for the rest of the bike - and finally, I got it built this way:

(Pictures in the next posting, because this is my first post...)

I was a little bit disapointed driving the bike, since it was a different driving compared to the Pinarello.

Meanwhile, I found some shamals - and with them, the bike looks a little bit more like it is suposed to ;-)

Ciao

dirk

Here the pictures of my ZX1:

VitusZX1_051817_3805.jpg

VitusZX1_080727_0821.jpg

Ciao

dirk

Hi Dirk,

1st I would like to say Welcome !

Very nice :cool: Yes, the Shamals complement the frame really well.

You say you were disappointed in the way it rode initially. What was it that you didn't really like? ...and did the feeling deminish over time?

Elev12k":226gu1oz said:
Very nice :cool: Yes, the Shamals complement the frame really well.
Back in the ninties, they were really expensive - so I had to wait ;-)

Elev12k":226gu1oz said:
You say you were disappointed in the way it rode initially. What was it that you didn't really like? ...and did the feeling deminish over time?

Riding this bike just feels different than riding an italian steel frame.
My Pinarello was reacting very fast on steering etc. The Vitus isn't.
Meanwhile I found a Pinarello like the one which was stolen - and I must say, that I like riding this one more than the ZX1.

Pinarello_080501_0087.jpg

Ciao

dirk

Hi love the zap :cool: very rare

I know the Gan team used them on team bikes during the 93 and 94 season. I have a Cycle Sport Article I have been using for reference for authentic parts ideas with my current build. Will scan it in 2moz :D

That's a very nice specimen you got there Dirk, looks great with the Shamals. Here's mine, you might have already seen it while you were searching for images:

vts22.jpg

PIGEON":30yhggyr said:
That's a very nice specimen you got there Dirk, looks great with the Shamals. Here's mine, you might have already seen it while you were searching for images:

I like the red frame...

And yours is new to me. Accually, I found very few images of "real" ZX1s through google image search.

Ciao

dirk

Back