Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Wow, I see what you mean, looks a shade lighter than mine (I think the official designation for the Peak is Teal Blue) but they are a pretty close match, I stand corrected! :oops:

The photo I cropped the Avatar image from is in my "Daily Driver" thread at the link above.

In an attempt to get this back on topic ;) , here's the other photo of that Saracen from the front, not the greatest but it's all I have I'm afraid :(

saracenfront.jpg

I think the road bike visible to the right is a Raleigh Triathlon which would have been late 80's

Can anyone identify this? The bike, silly, not the building... (reminds me; I really must have someone in to sort out my moat)..

I bought s/h from someone who'd bought it from a place called Dentons, up North somewhere I think. Approx '95-'97 Saracen, that they bought a load of frames, then re-sprayed in their own colours. They've filled in the 'S' at the end of the top tube.

I'd like to find out exactly what it is, when it was produced, and what tubing it's made from. I'm told it's Tange Prestige, and it certainly is light and 'twangy'. Nice 'ping' sound when the tubes are flicked.

S'got Ritchey socket dropouts, and is very well made. One of the last decent Saracens, perhaps?

What's up with the image attaching thingy? It won't let me...
Does anyone have any info on these?

Any luck with this one?

[Edit] Obviously not. I posted pics yesterday without issue; is this a weekend thing?

(Fingers crossed)

Gah. I give up. Forget it; nowt to see here, move along....

Mijiblob":2cigwkgs said:
Any luck with this one?

[Edit] Obviously not. I posted pics yesterday without issue; is this a weekend thing?

(Fingers crossed)

Gah. I give up. Forget it; nowt to see here, move along....

There you go:

Attachments

• RIMG0002.jpg
    RIMG0002.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 1,465
This is my latest ebay purchase. Not bad for £99! The forks were bit of a bonus. Every thing seems to be in very good order.

The one thing that puzzled me is, I have had a 92-93 Kili pro from new (the red one!) and it has got Deore DX throughout, except for Ritchey Rims etc. But the one i've just got has a mix of DX and LX? Also the frame has a brake bridge on the rear of the frame for cantis but my original one hasn't, yet they both came with Magura's.

Can anyone shed any light.

pumpkinandbikes009.jpg

pumpkinandbikes012.jpg

pumpkinandbikes010.jpg

pumpkinandbikes011.jpg

pumpkinandbikes013.jpg

Halloween2009096.jpg

Nice bike, but i would get some frame saver in that soon, those ripples under the paint are rust :(

Easy_Rider":2wym40js said:
Nice bike, but i would get some frame saver in that soon, those ripples under the paint are rust :(

Frame saver???

If i can find some decals i'll be respraying both frames anyway!

Frame saver is for the inside of the tubes, it's a bit like Waxoyl like you use on cars. Stops the frame rusting from inside out ;)

as for decals, pm gil_m

Back