holdsworth identification

hurin76

Retrobike Rider
I am trying to identify this holdsworth, anybody have any ideas? looks to be early eighties..but i am not sure...

they want £150 for it ..is that reasonable..i was thinking £100...

Attachments

• Holdsworth.jpg
    Holdsworth.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 644
Can't tell state of the chrome but unless it is VERY good, I also think a ton is nearer the mark.

Looks like 27" wheels - which also says a hundred max.

What frame material?

I can't identify it either but I'd say it's value is nearer £100 than £150, I'd probably want it for about £75/ £80 (but then I'm pretty tight...I mean poor). Frame looks pretty good with the chrome and lack of MG eyes. A picture of the other side is always preferable though as you can get an idea of the crank and gears which generally gives an indication of the status of the model, although of course these could have been changed at some time.

holdsworth

i am also looking at a holdsworth record, from 1983 apparently.. i have checked the holdsworth catalogues and i do not think they produced the record in that year, they did produce the nuevo record in 82..anyway the guy want £49 for it, says it has sachs huret running gear..i'm not so sure as the frame is an inch too large and i do not recall any holdsworth being stocked with huret..

there are a couple of pics..what do you think?..they are not so clear!!

Attachments

• 283648272.jpg
    283648272.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 624
  • 283648274.jpg
    283648274.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 624
If it's an inch too large then ANY price is too high!

Otherwise I suppose £49 for any bike in working order is hardly excessive. But personally I'd rather pay 100 quid for one a bit better.

Back