Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Re: saracen tufftrax value?

grumpy":9ca6lnvc said:
Hi

Posted this previously elsewhere on site, but was advised to put it here.

I have a Saracen Tufftrax that I have had from new and only ridden about 15 or 20 miles on road. It is totally original and like new - see picture taken today!

I'd like to sell it, but I'm not sure if its worth anything, or of its value. Any advice welcome.

Cheers

£125 to £180 in my opinion. Excellent nearly NOS condition so maybe more, but it depends wether you want to wait for a buyer to pay more or want quick cash.

Welcome Grumpy,

Someone will snatch your hand off for that! How come you never rode it?

It's the bike I wanted back in '96 but I had to make do with a Terratrax.

You need to list it in MTB for sale.

Cheers,

Chaser.

I had a beauty of an e-stay Saracen. It was a 93 'Race Elite' I think. It was red, rocking some tasty yellow Quadra 21 forks, purple Hope front hub, blue Ringle seatpost and blue Club Roost Go Fast bars.....happy days!

Gravy Monster":3oklyn3i said:
Does anyone have any info on the early estay box framed Saracen.

Does anyone own one ??

I would love to see one of these puppys

Like this?

saracen.jpg

My Brother's Marzocchi-forked, Magura-braked e-stay Saracen, not sure of the precise model but it looks like the one from the brochure a few pages back. The Marzocchis eventually gave up the ghost and were replaced with some straight-bladed rigid forks, he later sold it on to fund a Kona that he still has, last time I saw the Saracen it had been resprayed it metallic blue but this is going back about 20 years! This would have been a 91 or 92 model as he got it about the same time I got my Raleigh.

Anyone got any tissues:cry: :cry: :cry: sprayed it blue?? phillestine !Its a conquest and 91 would be my guess ?

Hey Analog Kid...

Is that my old Dyna Tech 2070 in your user name id image?

I am sure I know that paint colour and HT badge.

Let me know,

Chaser.

;)

chaser":2n9tt2s2 said:
Hey Analog Kid...

Is that my old Dyna Tech 2070 in your user name id image?

I am sure I know that paint colour and HT badge.

Let me know,

Chaser.

;)

It's my Peak's badge, I thought the Dyna Tech's were normally in Team Colours where the blue was darker?

Back