'94 Kona Kilauea - respray 5th Nov

Finally decided to respray a few months ago, thought I should get some pics up. I fell for the colour after seeing Guybe's Cinder Cone. The same paint code from my local supplier came out slightly more blue, which is cool as it means it not a carbon copy of Guybe's.

While it was stripped it was ssent to Argos to have a cable stop brazed on for the v-brakes.

Awesome quality and slightly custom decals by Gil_m.

Also changed to suspension forks as some of the riding I was doing started to aggravate an old injury. Got some new decals from Pace to freshen them up.

It's lost a bit of it's zip due to the forks but that was to be expected, plus I can ride whatever I want without aching for a couple of days.

Hadn't planned on keeping the yellow grips but I don't think they look too bad, still not sure whether to replace them.

misc019.jpg

bike001.jpg

konanew004.jpg

konanew005.jpg

konanew009.jpg

Looks amazing! When I saw you had replaced the yellow I didn't see why, then when I scrolled all the way down I can see why. Looks very tidy indeed. A great finish in blue.

Beautiful! I to love the color choice. It's amazing how a respray will take a bike right back to day one. With that front fork, it looks like a brand new bike.

Cheers!

That looked fantastic now and loved the stunning colour too, glad you have good taste after me!

The only thing I would def change is the grips to black colour and that will finish it off nicely.

Great effort, if you entry it at BOTM, it will get my vote.

:)

Thanks for the comments guy's. It's always nice to get some positive feedback.

Ratbane, the chainstay protector is made by M:part. I saw it in an Evans shop, I think it's aimed at the road bikes but it happens to fit skinny old steel chainstays too. The best thing is that it's real carbon, don't think I could bring myself to use that fake stuff.

Mossy, the colour code is RAL5018. I imagine every paint suppliers mix will be slightly different, try searching for 'RAL5018' in google images and you'll see what I mean.

Back