BoTM Novemember 09 Nominations - Mid Range Special

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my tentative entry. i'm gutted as i have just stripped my lava dome ready for single speed drop outs to go it, i would have loved to enter that. i feel i want to get involved this month and i am going to offer this as a mid range full sus bike. i know originally it cost more than what we consider mid range but in the spectrum of suspension i would definately say it falls mid range. it would have originally had the full black lx groupset.

to further my delence, this has been one almighty low rent build. it was all done from scrapings off the garage floor. i didnt buy a single component throughout the build. admittedly the parts will have cost something along the way but i have worlked it out to be £205

i see it as a valid entry as although a bit more costly, it was never "superbike" money but i dont want to ruffle any feathers so feel free to reject it, just let me know so i can rebuild the kona pronto!

219b9.jpg

lewis1641":2h5s3xe5 said:
here's my tentative entry. i'm gutted as i have just stripped my lava dome ready for single speed drop outs to go it, i would have loved to enter that. i feel i want to get involved this month and i am going to offer this as a mid range full sus bike. i know originally it cost more than what we consider mid range but in the spectrum of suspension i would definately say it falls mid range. it would have originally had the full black lx groupset.

to further my delence, this has been one almighty low rent build. it was all done from scrapings off the garage floor. i didnt buy a single component throughout the build. admittedly the parts will have cost something along the way but i have worlked it out to be £205

i see it as a valid entry as although a bit more costly, it was never "superbike" money but i dont want to ruffle any feathers so feel free to reject it, just let me know so i can rebuild the lkona pronto!

walok9.jpg
Doesn't look mid-range to me... (mainly thinking about the frame / model) <shrug>

At the risk of inciting the masses....I humbly submit my BOTM entry.

A mid-range Klein, with mid-range components.

Full story, better pics, and details to come when I get home from work tonight. I just finished cleaning the bike this morning and wanted to share.

kleinlxbotmentry1.jpg

kleinlxbotmentry2.jpg

a few detail shots of the LX components (John, if this is too many pics in my submission I apologize, I just thought it best if everyone could see this really is an LX bike...)

lxcrankskleinbotm.JPG

lxrhubkleinbotm.JPG

lxrdrkleinbotm.JPG

lxfdrkleinbotm.JPG

lxfhubkleinbotm.JPG

lxrbrakekleinbotm.JPG

lxfbrakekleinbotm.JPG

lxshifterskleinbotm.JPG

Steve

eastcoaststeve":18n27vox said:
At the risk of inciting the masses....I humbly submit my BOTM entry.

A mid-range Klein, with mid-range components.
So this is just my opinion, right?

Klein's are nothing like mid-range bikes.

post em all, let John decide what makes the cut on the 15th......
The toeclip straps on that Klein make the build. I had a set that color once.....

I'd love to see a old GT Karakoram, one of the older ones like the red and yellow with the black splatter effect paint entered in this, sure they were lx or lower, was my dream bike as a youngster

ape":1enx0y4i said:
I'd love to see a old GT Karakoram, one of the older ones like the red and yellow with the black splatter effect paint entered in this, sure they were lx or lower, was my dream bike as a youngster

That paint was called 'Tequila Sunrise' IIRC - XT/DX mix on that bike I think.

ape":1rkpzus5 said:
BITD, one of my buddies had one (this would be 92).

Don't think I ever rode it, because his was quite a bit bigger than mine. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the u brake. Distinctive and purposeful, I always thought.

Bugger well maybe something lower spec'd then like a old tequesta would get my vote lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back