Show us your late 90s DH bikes

I'd be sorely tempted to build the ATX up a'la The Clan... Boxxers, Azonic stem and bars, AC guide, Mavic D521 or D321 Disc rims laced to Hope hubs, either BULBs or Big Uns, XTR shifting and Michelin tyres.

Here's a couple of mine from BITD
My ATX 1
megaavalanche.jpg

My ATX 1 (small)
atx1.jpg

My Lobo the only bike i have ever regreted selling!!
lobo2.jpg

My current ride 2000 GT DHi ( nearly late nineties)
DSC01748.jpg

I will try to find the photos ofsome of my others and scan them in later

Your yellow Foes is such a perfect example of a 90's DH machine, loving the mix of colours :cool: :cool: :cool:

Did those Giants come with a carbon rear too?
My LBS had a NOS one hanging from their ceiling last year (WAY too expensive though!) I'm sure it had an organically-shaped carbon rear.

Off by two years (2001) but not sure where this stands? Is this vintage for full suspension? Seriously curious as it is the newest ride I own......

2001 Kona Stinky Primo..

Only photo I have... (It's the one in the back)

41DXandStinkyPrimo0001-1.jpg

Ductape":28l9sktc said:
Off by two years (2001) but not sure where this stands? Is this vintage for full suspension? Seriously curious as it is the newest ride I own......

2001 Kona Stinky Primo..

Only photo I have... (It's the one in the back)

41DXandStinkyPrimo0001-1.jpg
i would consider that kind of vintage, though anything before 2000 i would say really, as that's when you had the more interesting designs.

OK, 1st off these aren't mine. I found early editions of 'Dirt magazine' (#1 :D ) and have been scanning (as you may have noticed if you've read the '2 discs up front' thread).

Attachments

• X-Lite.jpg
    X-Lite.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 11,176
  • KHS FX LT.jpg
    KHS FX LT.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 11,176
  • Rob Warner (1).jpg
    Rob Warner (1).jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 11,176
Are you using a normal flatbed scanner ?

I want to digitise my magazine collection but most are larger than A4 .

I think I saw that xlite frame at bike 2000 .

Nice scans, that brings back some good memories.

I've got the same hubs and cranks as the KHS. Is that stem on it an X-lite Fly? Looks shorter than the ones I've seen before. Might have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

I used a printer/scanner/photocopier combo thingy. Epson RX520. It'll only go to A4 though.
The stem is a X-Lite Fly. It looks about the same length as the one I had, 90mm.

I did scan a few other pics, mainly Palmer and JMC.

Back