Does anyone else..................

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
............get it in the neck for how many bikes they own, get asked "how many can bikes you ride at once", get told to get that bike out of the conservatory (or the living room), "you'll get oil on that cream carpet" :roll: .
Question is,
How many of you have 'understanding' wives/girfriends/bints, and how many of you fear for your life if she finds you in the house with a bike part (let alone the whole bike) :?:
I'm in the fear for my life catagory

Hello, yep the wife gives me grief, especially when another one arrived yesterday. I just remind her how many pairs of shoes she has and how many feet.

had the pine when she moved in so fine

on no. 2 = " but babes its not safe to go riding where i do on an old bike " " DO WHAT YOU WANT ITS YOUR MONEY " still ended up buying her a new bike though ?? ( MARIN ROCK SPRINGS )

on no. 3 = " so you are gonna DO IT UP AN SELL IT , BUT ITS `ORRIBLE " ( PROFLEX 555 )

on no. 4 = " but its the bike i allways wanted love " " SO WHY HAVEN`T YOU FINISHED THE FIRST ONE THEN " ( GT RTS 1 )

on no. 5 = " NOT TOLD HER YET " but i am off tomorrow to get her a new car so i could , maybe , maybe , have a chance ( MARIN FRS )

DOES THIS MAKE ME A COWARD ???
YOU TRY HAVING AN ARGUEMENT WITH A VALLEY GIRL !!! :twisted:

Seconded

Me too. I live in constant fear of her finding out exactly how much I spend or being cought in the shed when I should be doing something more important...like ironing or hoovering.

Some say I am weak and feeble and am living a lie, that the basis of trust that was the foundation of our marriage has now crumbled to dust, that I am ruled by an woman who clearly wears the trousers and that when I get rumbled I am almost certainly going to get divorced, loose the house and have only monthly visiting writes to the kids while I rebuild my life in a box behind the bottlebank in Tescos.

I say "Yeah, but look at my bikes!!!"

I have the same trouble as you guys , and I only have 3 bikes .

What I get is : WHY DO YOU NEED ANOTHER WHEN THERE ARE 2 SITTINGS IN THE GARAGE YOU ARE NOT RIDING ANYWAY ?

Well , 1 is for xc, one for SS , one is a road bike etc....

Despite my weak explanations, I still get grief .

we should get a group together called : Father4bikes , or something like that and start climbing shopping malls in fluorescent lycras to demonstrate

" NOT TOLD HER YET " but i am off tomorrow to get her a new car so i could , maybe , maybe , have a chance ( MARIN FRS )

I have to admit, we got her a new yellow beetle , then we just got a sat nav for it, oh yes and now she just ordered a 'cherished plate' for it......................all out of the 'bills' account

& thats why the breezer is justified which did'nt come out of the bills account :D

now to think of a good excuse for the slingshot thats on its way :? :? :? :?:

or set up a " SAFE HOUSE "
so when we all eventually get discovered , at least we will have somewhere to go
it`ll need a f * * * * big garage though !!!! :LOL:

SLIM":10z5afov said:
or set up a " SAFE HOUSE "
so when we all eventually get discovered , at least we will have somewhere to go
it`ll need a f * * * * big garage though !!!! :LOL:

:D And next to a pub (another nag problem :| )

Let's see,

Nine personal bikes in the house, four more for the kids, two for her, and a tandem. Too many?

Christi is the bomb, she's given up on saying anything, just rolls the eyes every now and then :D .

She rates really high on the WAF (wife acceptance factor)

cheers,

rody

Back