What is mid-range?

Marin were always strange for me, as you'de have the Muirwoods, pallisades, bear valley, pine mountain and Eldridge. all were very similar in terms of component spec, but prices would vary considerably (299 for the Muirwoods, up to £500+ for the eldridge??). I don't think, purely from memory (and I stand corrected here) that specs on any of these were less than LX, or more than DX?

Muirwoods = 200GS. Eldridge Grade = DX. Others = all points in between :)

MikeD":2tpy1tep said:
Marin were always strange for me, as you'de have the Muirwoods, pallisades, bear valley, pine mountain and Eldridge. all were very similar in terms of component spec, but prices would vary considerably (299 for the Muirwoods, up to £500+ for the eldridge??). I don't think, purely from memory (and I stand corrected here) that specs on any of these were less than LX, or more than DX?

Muirwoods = 200GS. Eldridge Grade = DX. Others = all points in between :)

I knew I'd stood corrected ;)

200GS, blimey I'd completely forgotten about that. :oops:

anything I find down the tip is unloved midrange stuff - usually priced between £299 and £599 when new

orange_c16_002_137.jpg

dsc01491_181.jpg

dsc01711_141.jpg

diamondback_topanga_001_117.jpg

paper round bike:

dsc01721_311.jpg

trek 7000

trek_7000_132.jpg

aaaaargh_169.jpg

claud_butler_pagan_105.jpg

karakoram_switchblades_2_175.jpg

bigbertha3_579.jpg

lade_back_luke_467.jpg

legrandefromage":1szypsvk said:
anything I find down the tip is unloved midrange stuff - usually priced between £299 and £599 when new

orange_c16_002_137.jpg

Wow!

Where is your 'tip' please! :D

200GS, blimey I'd completely forgotten about that.

It's for the best :)

LGF's tip truly is a cut above the norm. I keep my eyes open at my local one, where anything resembling a bike is stacked up with the others in a corner, but it's all Apollo/Concept/Universal/other shite so far.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Something Jimster said struck a chord, if whats been mentioned is mid range is everything else(above) high range?

kaiser":duou0jns said:
Something Jimster said struck a chord, if whats been mentioned is mid range is everything else(above) high range?

I think it's about time somebody drew some sort of diagram or graph...

Back