What was your Inspiriation then...THE moment you knew...???

street":3froit9m said:
The magazines portrayed mountain being more as just a product you baught or a scene that you were buying into,

30 years ago I rode a self-modified, low performance "klunker," built on a 40-year old frame from a junkyard. These days I am blessed with all the latest technology, long travel suspension, hydraulic disc brakes, gears low enough to climb a tree. My current bike would have been a cartoon drawn by a teen-age boy "back in the day."

I don't know that I'm having any more fun now than I did then. The fun is riding with your friends, and now and then pushing the envelope of what and where you ride. The only difference is that the envelope is bigger now.

And my current bike seems to require one hour of shop time for every hour of riding.

i grew up on the country in germany next to a large and hilly forest. in the late 60s and 70s i was really fascinated by moto cross bikes and what those guys were able to do on their bikes. so until i got my first moped in 1978 i took whatever bicycle i could get hold of and road it in said forest. sometimes with friends but usually on my own. of course frames and parts broke right away. my uncle welded the frames and i fixed the rest so they got better and better. then i focussed more on the motorized bikes but still rode bicycles regularly. in 81 i toured south England with a buddy on a crappy and overloaded 3 speed bike, 2000km in 2 weeks. i had to fix something nearly every day and was looking for something more solid and versatile. around that time i heard about a new sort of off-road bicycles in the US with 15 speed and being very robust. so i thought that would be it, satisfying my desire to cycle off-road and long tours. the shops around me only had pretty crappy German made mountain bikes (Kettler e.g.) but i got the idea. in 84 or 85 i rode the first better MTB, a Kuwahara Lion (i think). when i had saved enough and was about to buy one my motorcycle got stolen and i spent the money for a new one. but in early 88 i finally bought one. not a Kuwahara but a decent no-name steel frame with mostly LX Mountain parts. i had it for 10 years and enjoyed it very much and did exactly what i had planned, off-road fun and with racks and panniers mounted i toured around. in 91 i bought a Diamond Back Overdrive (28" wheeled MTB) which became my main commuter/tourer so the other bike was modified a more towards off-road riding until i bought my first Klein in 96.

Carsten

Ok missed some of this so to start with; Too much of a lady indeed!!

I'm of woman flesh but I'm no lady!!!!

I've never hit anything, touch wood, but my husband certainly has and found himself on the backseat of a car twice,

This aint no "Double-en-tawn-ra-da" This is straight forward and quite blatent.....um uh well you know stuff. I mean she clearly states that she touches wood and has had her husband in the backseat twice!
So as a married man that has had sex........at least twice (three kids but the boys are twins) this is well....really clear, what she is saying.

And Street; Repack is watching man like..........alllways dude.

Repack Rider":8a88qmae said:
The fun is riding with your friends, and now and then pushing the envelope of what and where you ride.

Yeah Amen to that :cool:

Hope theres a chance to get to see the Repack documentary sometime soon, somehow!

Back