Which V Brakes?

ape

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I know I did a post earlier asking which to go for out of avids or XTR V Brakes, but can anyone thing of anything else V Brake wise that is a bit different something that looks nice as aposed to the normal boring style?, infact are the pauls components ones anygood as they look a bit different from the normal boring style, but no previous pauls stuff left something to be desired when it came to working properly

avid ultimate cantis are pretty awesome, tho priccy, the levers seem to develop play over time. for the price you just cant beat XTR (esp if yo uget em cheaper 2nd hand ;)

I am quite happy with the Avid Ultimates. They look great and stop great. Unfortunately they come in black only. Don't have problems with play in the bushings of the levers. Expensive? It's all relative
http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=258
I recently made a bike with the Cane Creeks. Good stopping power, but they lack that high-end look the Avids have.

Yeah as said before Ultimates are the nuts and Arch Supremes are great and even more special looking 9but getting rarer to find these days)

but others...

what about Paul Components? Look lovely.

Or Cane Creek's (the ones that were a-symetrical and arched over on one side? They were pretty sweet looking.

Some cool suggestions so far, quite liking the look of the cane creeks, still love the pauls ones but does anyone know if they're good?. There's some cool ones in the auction section when you look under pauls aswell from some german company but don't know what they're like and can't find any more info on them

messiah":26ahhu9p said:
Set of interesting looking control tech's on the bay - no idea if they are any good.

Yes, they are. Incredibly easy to set up. You can adjust tension with both the spring on the back and with the screws both left and right. They give a sturdy feel. Not like the old XTs with their lot of play.

I believe all hardware is ti.

I bought mine from ededwards. They are shown on the red forks =>

313981168_865aeb45da_b.jpg

Back