FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

clockworkgazz":29d8ly40 said:
Looks the dugs baws and even better on the flesh will this be a drum bike?

Cheers buddy, indeed it'll be going to Drum. :D Need to give it a good testing and reckon its ideal.

I may have to start sizing the handhold position in relation to the front axle.

ive been doing this for years . i find it more important than toptube length which is still more important than seattube

all the bmx and mtbs i have share a axle to bar measurement

perry":34k9yxah said:
I may have to start sizing the handhold position in relation to the front axle.

ive been doing this for years . i find it more important than toptube length which is still more important than seattube

all the bmx and mtbs i have share a axle to bar measurement

Aye I was talking to gazz about it before. I've gave up on seat tube, I have everything from a 14" to 21" seat tube. I did start sizing all my toptubes and stem was fitted found a size where I was happy and adjusted to suit as I approach 700mm things get a bit wavvy and back ache creeps in harder to get airbourne too. 640-670 is the sweet spot with the FAT coming in at 660. The axle/grip size will be interesting

you might be surprised at how much variation there is between all your bikes

toptube length in bmx is very important ( well , from the mid 90s it has been )

the only bike i can ride under 20.5" is my dirtbike at 20.25" . i own that purely because i couldnt afford it in 94 . even 20.5" is a tad short . 20.75" is ok if i angle the bars back slightly 21" is too long unless i wanted to ride very quickly on a track , but i could just angle the bars forwards slightly with a 20.75" . i have one frame thats 20.6" :LOL: and you can genuinely feel that little extra over a more common 20.5" . then theres chainstay length . over 14.2" and i cant hop it . under 13.6 and i struggle to keep the front wheel on the ground . there was a point where i was riding often enough that i could feel a frame with a difference in head angle of .5 of a degree

Theres the difference mid 80's BMX for me :LOL: and what kind of tomfoolery is this, decimal inches :eek: :LOL:

Possible new front end for the Wicked

4077211711_6b6fba8fc6_b.jpg

Ti bar flex stem and tange/ritchey forks. Any opinions?

utahdog2003":h0ls2c2c said:
kaiser":h0ls2c2c said:
Possible new front end for the Wicked

Ti bar flex stem and tange/ritchey forks. Any opinions?

Meh! I like it the way it is. :cool: Next project for the Ti Flex. ;)

Think your right, was getting the urge to go totally retro but after looking at the original pics I reckon I'll stay put just now :)

Back