Q&D pics of 1992 ? Specialized S-works Steel

Wu-Tangled":1gjkhrr9 said:
that's nice that stumpy. but this is where it gets a little too nerdy...
Too nerdy? We're grown men nitpicking about old bicycles. Can anything be too nerdy?

:shock:
i reckon that's the alternative colour 1994 model. alternative to the gorgeous clay/ green (or gray green - can't remember.)
Surely the '94 would have a threadless stem.

You lucky expletive deletive. That's a beautiful piece of engineering, also a classic piece of MTB history.

Massive envy right now.

one-eyed_jim":1y6iu2if said:
Wu-Tangled":1y6iu2if said:
that's nice that stumpy. but this is where it gets a little too nerdy...
Too nerdy? We're grown men nitpicking about old bicycles. Can anything be too nerdy?

:shock:
i reckon that's the alternative colour 1994 model. alternative to the gorgeous clay/ green (or gray green - can't remember.)
Surely the '94 would have a threadless stem.

yes you're right it did have. 1inch but ahead.

Also that one is deffo a 93 as after 93 the decals were sharper. the typeface had a harder less flowy edge. you can see this on the R at the end of the stumpjumper. On the 93's it flowed like this one.

I stand corrected.

So have we decided what year mine is yet ?

And has anybody got the Specialized ' Trick release ' seatpost Q/R i can have.... :D

K

If it helps, I am pretty sure I got my F&F NEW from the Bike ship I worked in 1993! I recon it is a 1993 from all the input from the guys here. My serial number on S works steel Frame starts with 92.

Good luck with the trick release, these things are like rocking horse sh1t!! The one I got from bay is not correct but will have to do.

Remember to post some more images when you have it cleaned up and completed......

As this tread is on dating specialized frames.

I have a deep red Stumpjumper with 92-???? as the serial number I take it that’s also a 1993, also my Pink Stumperjumper Comp, is 91G????.

Anyone know what the G stands for on the Pink Comp, also it that a 1992 or 1991?

Help Gus!! pls ;-)

Also my deep red Stumpy is very similar colour to this S works frame and it’s for sale if any one is interested? (No forks which is a bummer)

Thank you all...your knowledge is truly great....and much appreicated..

Once cleaned up..and tweaked..i will repost some pics under the heading

1993 Specialized S-works, original XTR spec.

This has sort of got me hooked now.....where to go from here....a Stumpy perhaps.....any suggestions...if i had had any money i would have bid on that 91 Stumpy Comp on Ebay yesterday...

What should i be paying for a nice early 90's Stumpjumper ?

Regards Keith

If it helps, I paid just under £100.00 for my 1992 Pink Stumpjumper Comp on bay this year, Almost original spec and very rare colour.

I think it depends how many people want it and how well the add is writtten.

Good luck Chris.

Chris - tell me more about your stumpy.. :D

And the Pink stumpy comp is a 1992.

Bought mine - awesome condition in France for £60. :D

Back