The Batavian's ride

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Got my hands on this one today. In team paint. Will collect it later this week.

00-FrontCover.jpg

The number of Batavus Professionals in my collection is now steadily nearing that of the Champion Mondials. Earlier this week I already acquired a 1984 one with full Dura Ace AX. It is now in pieces for a complete rebuild.

On a sidenote: The same trip I collected the AX specced Professional I picked below Koga ProRacer up. I picked it up as full bike specced with Dura Ace EX. The bike was basicly new and only in need of new tape and hoods. The bike was bought new in '82 by a woman. She rarely used it. A couple of years ago she passed away and that is why it came available now.

The ProRacer was an high end model, direct under the FullPros. Maybe you recall the taller ProRacer I own for already a couple of years.

4035932656_e14fd0f818.jpg

4035180283_842bb7ed38.jpg

Yes, looking forward too. I will picking it up on Saturday, but today I also had a bike collection day.

I picked up a very old Koga-Miyata FullPro-S

It is ueber-ueberrare. It is not featured in any catalogue and I also have never encountered a pic or writing on it, not to mention spotting one live. Untill today I only heard a rumour about its excistance ...BUT now I got this one myself :) Besides it is rare, there is more. It is an aero-bike. That bare fact is not so spectacular, but consider it is from 1977 (!)

All cables run hidden inside the frame. All cables, so also the shift cables. The rear brake cable exits through a hole in the seatpost. Shifters are located on top the downtube. The seatstays the fastback type. Brake calliper mounting bolts are of the recessed type, but they do not look like the generic ones you find on every (modernish) bike. They look, as the seatbolt, special milled for this frame. All stainless.

Of course it is light

Equipment is full 1st gen Dura Ace, but with the aluminum Super Record headset. In an attempt to save weight maybe, as the aluminum Dura Ace EX came available only a couple of years later. No pics yet. Through the exitement I can't hold my camera steady.

Elev12k":3bc0d4ku said:
Yes, looking forward too. I will picking it up on Saturday, but today I also had a bike collection day.

I picked up a very old Koga-Miyata FullPro-S

All cables run hidden inside the frame. All cables, so also the shift cables. The rear brake cable exits through a hole in the seatpost. Shifters are located on top the downtube. The seatstays the fastback type. Brake calliper mounting bolts are of the recessed type, but they do not look like the generic ones you find on every (modernish) bike. They look, as the seatbolt, special milled for this frame. All stainless.

sounds very interesting, looking forwards to seeing this one! :cool:

The ensemble: In the foreground the '77 aerodynamic frame, in the background the Batavus Professional in team paint >>

4075244539_d7be3217a3_b.jpg

Close up of shifter unit on top down tube. The shifters are mounted directly to braze on, unlike with later AX style shifters which formed one assembly that you bolted onto the frame.

The shift cables enter downtube through brazed on minitubes...

4079840503_0a26740c90_b.jpg

.., leave seattube for front mech operation..

4080603284_93debf9fd8.jpg

...and exit chainstay this way >>

4080608236_382d22d321.jpg

Inside the frame the cables run guided, but its looks like this is only for operation and not for installation. So last thing you want to do is replacing the cables :)

Spectacular! :D

Absolutely glorious - I'm sorry I don't have any more constructive comment to give, but wow!

Back