For Sale: Gazelle Champion Mondial AA Super with Campagnolo

tomasito

Retro Newbie
I'm moving overseas so I've got to thin out the stable of bikes. Sadly my Gazelle Champion Mondial AA Super (the model above the special) has got to go. It is the top of the line in terms of Gazelles. The frame, forks, stays are built from Reynolds 531 and the dropouts are chromed Campagnolo. The Gazelle image is embossed on the fork crown, there are wrap over stays and nice cut out lugwork.

The frame size is:

ST: 58cm c-c 60cm c-t
TT 57cm c-c

It is a lovely pearlescent white fading into metallic candy red.

Components:
Campagnolo Nuovo Record chainset, front mech, rear mech, bottom bracket, brake calipers, downtube shifters, skewers, and hubs on Mavic open 4cd rims.

San Marco Rolls saddle, Gazelle panto'ed stem, new tape and cables.

£550 for full bike without pedals. Collection only in London please.

3992779198_77f4bbbb3c_b.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

Yes, nice :)

AA Super (the model above the special)

Interesting. I don't know whether we can say the Super sits above Special. I would think it is just another frame. I would think this bike is early 80s and from before the Special. When the Super with indented seattube and monostay was introduced somewhere in '84, it was a model with short wheelbase and not necessarely above AA Special. Of course they were both kind of top of the line. With the 753, aero frame and so on.

Actually I do not know what this early 80s Super seperates from the AA, as I am not familiar with this early model and I do not spot a difference. Maybe the wheelbase is shorter already, but I can't see it. Do you or does anyone know?

Back