1972 Speedwell Titanium

breezerboy

Retro Guru
Had it for ages (picked up in a police auction for under £100 a few years back) but thought you may like to see some classic British Ti.

Made by the Speedwell gearcase co. of Birmingham and mostly sold in Lamborghini dealerships plus a few select bike shops.

Also made famous by Louis Ocano riding the mountain stages on one during the 1973 tour de france.

Spec includes 24 spoke Record hubs, Martano rims, TA cranks, Huret Jubilee rear mech, Alloy Campag freewheel, Everest slotted chain, Saba Omas alloy headset, CLB brakes, etc, to give an all up weight of just sub 15lb.

speedwell001.jpg

speedwell002.jpg

speedwell004.jpg

speedwell005.jpg

speedwell006.jpg

Extremely sweet.

What is that drilled red item on the front of the bars, I really hope it is a specially tuned bell

curious bike this.....

my dad has a speedwell gt car from the early 60's & has that headbadge,

wonder if any conection...

:?:

hi im chalkie - new to the forum, but by way of a search on speedwells i got here. breezerboy do you still have the Speedwell? its a beauty - i've just 'acquired' one from a retired 84 old, and am re authentisising it - i think your front decal however belongs to the Speedwell Mini car branding, and not the Gear Case Co ltd -(but many Speedwells were custom ordered), the other tube decals i have seen before, so i'm busy researching further, and trying to find old workers from the factory which was down by Aston Villa in Birmingham. the extended company makes vending coins and medals now. i'll post a pic soon of my Speedwell fixie. :cool:

Back