Gonna rebuild my Stumpy(now with link to pics)

paulvandermoolen

Old School Grand Master
I have a 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper FS that i am gonna rebuild. Tomorrow i get my new decals.
Depending of the color of those decals i'm gonna decide what color i wanna respray the frame. The decals are coming from someone at Specialized The Netherlands.
They have some decals laying around and are trying to send me a complete set.

This is how it's gonna be build up:

Frame: Specialized Stumpjumper FS - Tange tubing

Fork: Rock Shox Mag 21 with a SL Ti crown piece or a Specialized Direct Drive Chromo fork

Headset: Shimano XTR M900
Stem: Syncros Cattleprod
Handlebar: Syncros
Grips: ?
Barends: Onza CWA/Specialized S-Works

Brakes: Onza H.O. black
Brake Pads: Kool Stop
Brake Cables: ?
Cantilever cable hangers: Onza Chill Pills
Brake Levers: Machine Tech Zero Flex Levers

Shifters: Shimano XTR M900 3x8
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M900
Derailleur Cables: ?
Cassette: Shimano XTR M950
Chain: Sram
Cranks: Middleburn RS-3
Crank Bolts: SRP
Chainrings: 26/36 Onza Buzz Saw 46 Middleburn
Chainring bolts: SRP
Bottom Bracket: ?
Pedals: Shimano

Hub Skewers: Syncros front qr/S-Works rear qr
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP front/Mavic XM 317 rear
Hubs: Machine Tech front/Specialized S-Works(by Hügi) rear
Nipples: DT-Swiss
Spokes: DT-Swiss
Tyres: IRC Geo Claw
Tubes: ?

Saddle: Selle Ferrari Novus
Seatpost: Syncros
Seatpost Binder: Paul

Weight:

I'm not yet sure of what kind of front hub to use. I have a Titanium Hope front hub and a Paul front hub laying around. Also i don't have brake levers yet. So i don't have the bike complete yet. Will make pics of the parts and the frame(before and after respray). Will try to update this thread during the rebuild.

23-11-2009:

I decided to use the Machine Tech Levers from my GT Zaskar LE and my Black Machine Tech front hub. will probably use a Shimano BB and as far as the cables matter, it will be Shimano or so.

here you can find some pics of the frame and some parts:

http://paultjepug.pinkbike.com/album/Sp ... -Prestige/

greetz

there is one color that i always have on my mind thats the metallic purple with yellow transfers m2 version from the early nineties it was so beautifull ;)

yes i know that color. i hope that i know today the color of my new decals. going to my LBS this afternoon. hoping for something that matches "Fire Truck Red" or "UCI" white.

greetz

driven":2gnzab3a said:
there is one color that i always have on my mind thats the metallic purple with yellow transfers m2 version from the early nineties it was so beautifull ;)

Mine is purple, fades to green.

Specialized.jpg

Bought a while ago and not even taken it out yet. It was raced and upgraded since new and the seller was sorry to see it go.

I decided to use the Machine Tech Levers from my GT Zaskar LE and my Black Machine Tech front hub. will probably use a Shimano BB and as far as the cables matter, it will be Shimano or so.

Pics will follow.......

Latest posts

Back