The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kona Hot - 1994 - 19" Black

Thinking of turning to the dark side and getting a road bike, and given that I have only ridden my Hot twice since I built it, I think its best to pass onto a new owner who can appreciate it more.

So - will likely be stripping the build down and selling all parts individually.

Question is, any ideas on what to ask for the frame?

Here is a pic of it built up.

DSC01101.jpg

Would also be interested to know what people think the forks are worth too.

how much is a 1/18th chris king ano green headset with 1 tiny bit of cable rub worth these days ?

:D :D :D

richi78 -

Fork, I guess about £60+

Frame, depending on size, condition, repainted etc - upwards of £200

jonshaw1uk -

If it was local to me I would take it for £20.00...

SCOTT !!

Thermoplastic / ally rear with SID shock.
RS Judy XLC, XT kit, Formula Hydro brakes, Formula hubs on 317's. Tioga DH tyres, saddle. Kore stem, Scott bars etc.
Tidy for age. Y2K superbike, retailed at £2600 ish way back, need to sell...how much ?

Attachments

• SCOTT !!.JPG
    SCOTT !!.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,324
richi78":2ipu53es said:
Thinking of turning to the dark side and getting a road bike, and given that I have only ridden my Hot twice since I built it, I think its best to pass onto a new owner who can appreciate it more.

So - will likely be stripping the build down and selling all parts individually.

Question is, any ideas on what to ask for the frame?

Here is a pic of it built up.

DSC01101.jpg

Would also be interested to know what people think the forks are worth too.

if that frame was just a couple sizes smaller, it would already be gone. At the price you bought it for, you'll come out ahead for sure. List it at $500 usd, and take $400 if no offers come along after a while...so $400 to $500 range, especially if it's as clean as it looks.

big.eck":2ipu53es said:
how much is a 1/18th chris king ano green headset with 1 tiny bit of cable rub worth these days ?

:D :D :D

no logo would be worth more. This one, about $75 to $85 usd, but if a couple people really want it on the bay, it could go much higher.

A friend of mine has offered me a 1992 Marin Palisades Trail, How much is it worth and would any one be interested i'm not too sure if i am or not yet? :?

Hi everyone,

I got the frame and fork new in 98 and put the bike together then as it is now, apart from new chain and cassette as well as bars changed every 3 years for safety.

Full XTR M950 8-speed
Syncros post, stem, bars and grips
RaceFace headseat
Mavic 517 with Sunn's Brubz hubs (lighter than Crossmax)
Flite Ti
Time Atac pedals (original bearings!!)
Sid

Weight about 10.5kgs depending on tyres and tubes.

I might be selling, so it would be great to know how much you guys think I could get for it... The bike has only done 2000 kms I guess, if that...

Cheers.

14bjjlz.jpg

ezhbna.jpg

wik1f9.jpg

1zeyxi9.jpg

If you part it out you'll get more I think. However it is a loveley bike and quite rare over here. I'd want good money for that.

If you part it out can I have first dibs on the SID fork please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back