Pace rc200 f6

Gazza1

Dirt Disciple
Hello All

I have only been a mewmber of this awesome site for a few weeks but ive already fell on some great luck.

About 3mths ago i decided to get back into mountain biking after roughly a 10yr lay off.

My first real/proper mountain bike was a khs montana pro with rigids i joined a shop team and raced a few races on this it was a great experience and time that was 13 yrs ago the khs was then upgraded with a set of early pace forks with the elastomers in this made the bike look even better and rode great.

The shop i reced for was a pace dealer so all the other lads had paces i was very envious and new one day i had to have one that day arrived about 12mths later i bought a frame and some of the khs kit went onto the pace then i got a set of machine tech hubs buit onto wheels and started tricking the bike out with ringle bits an pieces etc.

I loved that bike it was so fast the faster i rode the faster it wanted to go i did quite a lot of milage on this bike plus a good few races it was again great times.

Then one of the shop team lads a great friend and riding buddy died of cancer aged 40 he was there then 6mths later he was gone this hit us all hard and eventually through lack of commitment anf famillies and jobs etc we disbanded then i lost my job and had to sell my beloved pace to pay bills etc this was like loseing a part of my soul.

I briefly got back into the mountainbike scene a few yrs later and purchased a brand new cannondale f2000 frame and lefty forks with all topend chosen stuff cost me alot of money yet just over a yr later i again had to sell my bike due to loseing my job but it wasnt as big a blow as looseing the pace.

A few knee ops and yrs later i swor i would one day have a decent bike again.

Roughly 3mths ago i decided to get another bike havind a good stable job etc so i started looking at all the newish bikes from around the 2005 and on i thought a nice full susser would be cool and better on the ageing 48yr old body so i picked up a norco full susser for 500quid off of the bay and got the train down to milton keynes to collect it upon returning and going on my first ride i quickly realised how unfit i was age and inactiverty had taken there toll.

I rode the norco to work over a few weekends and quickly realised i had made a big mistake the bike altho nice was to heavy for commuting so i thought lets try and get it abit lighter so i spent another 400quid on it mistake number 2 lol your never gona get a bike like this much lighter its built for frriding and downhill etc.

I started to realise i needed another hard tail so i went on the bay and whilst there caught a link to this site now i started to see all the proper bikes hardtails and paces like i had i new then i had to have another pace.

I thought lets get a pace frame and continue to ride the norco but then do up the pace as time allows,so i bid on 2 paces and lost.

I then came across an ad in the forsales on here advertising a pace but the ad was 2weeks old i thought its probably gone but lets try anyways.So i pmed Chris and he said the pace frame was still for sale and i looked at the photos and thought that is the same colour frame and model i had all those yrs ago ans i thought i wonder if Chris would sell the complete bike so i asked and he said he would build me a nice bike missus the xtr as hes useing that for another build so i flogged the norco and a few other things on the bay.

Fast forward to yesterday i arrive in Leamington Spar train station outside is Chris with my Pace built up :LOL:

We do the deal then off i head home.

Im now the proud owner of a pace again a pace rc200 f6 :p

Like to thank retrobike for the cool site and if i had not visited and joined here i would never have seen the pace i have now so thankyou all for that.

A BIG BIG thankyou to CHRIS for allowing me the opportunity to be the proud owner of another PACE :LOL:

Back on the wirral yesterday after my train journey home i gave my new bike its 1st ride by me and its everything i remember about my original pace all those yrs previous.

Chris you put this bike together superbly my friend i know a great bike build when i see one as when i raced all those yrs ago i spent alot of time tn the back of the shop with the mechanics.A credit to your bike skills my man once again an awesome build thankyou.

Back