Paduano Bruto

How cool are the names... taken from the most evil characters in the Roman history. Caligola, Bruto...
Gladio, instead, apart from being the Roman soldiers' dagger, was also the name of a secret organization which in the 70s and 80s acted to undermine (with criminal acts and terrorist attacks) the left wing political parties and those center wing parties which were trying to compromise with them. The organization was formed by politicians and members of the police and the Army.

Pretty typical of Italy you know ... the country of the Sun, of crystal clear waters and less than clear politicians.

Going back on topic, no offense meant for the wonderful Paduano creations, tho (even if I have heard someone complaining for post sale customer care - broken frames and warrant, I mean)

didn't know the name thing, very interesting! and by the way, you shouldn't be ashamed being Italian. when i lived in London i had really good friends from Italy! very nice chaps!
i heard those rumors about Paduano but i had great communication with him! he was absolutely nice and he answered all my silly questions! really nice and helpful guy! he even took a photo for me before the carbon "welding" of the frame!

here are a few photos taken by me just after i finished the bike. the steerer is uncut as i was experiencing with the position !

Attachments

• 03072009154.jpg
    03072009154.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 1,319
  • ALEX02.jpg
    ALEX02.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,319
  • DSCN5958.JPG
    DSCN5958.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,319
  • DSCN5966.JPG
    DSCN5966.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,320
Yes, the names are cool! and the bikes, notwithstanding the rumors, are the coolest I've ever seen. Paduano also used to make a cromoly model; the seatstays were as beefy as normal bikes' top tubes!
I saw the Paduano racing team at a race here in Tuscany, a guy had a ti/carbon 29er hardtail with a rigid ti fork: the coolest thing I've ever seen (after your bike with those cranks and fork, tho).

Back