MTB Room 101

I think you are supposed to justify placing the object in.

Jez has a 2 hour Christmas special going on there.

Pace

You gotta back that one up (GT is a gimmie)

feel safe to say this now (after Jez :roll: ) but GT Triple Triangles - why?!
okay they make the look of the bike, but mountainbiking is all about functionality (to a certain degree!), and the triple triangle just makes the seat stays/brakes lower to catch your heels on, adds weight to the frame (longer tubes) and makes the frame weaker (unless more material/weight is added) as the top tube is stressed - there is a reason why all the tubes should join at one place in the seat cluster and why almost all bikes have done it that way!

having said all that, i wouldn't say no to a green zaskar - and there is the problem/joy of bikes, its not a logical thing but an emotional one ;)

I think pauls mechs would also look good on it.... :LOL:

jez-2-many-bikes":e2ejddik said:
GT's

Elevated Stay bikes

Tioga Disk Drives

Aluminium Bikes

Pace stuff

U-brakes

No rise stems

(Sigh...)

Jez, you want all these in Room 101 - Disc-Drives - isn't that tantamount to retrobike blasphemy :?:

Next thing we know you'll be hanging out on singletrackworld.com ;)

room 101

Trimbles ( just plain ugly ) and Konas ( just common - hang some coloured anodised bits on them and the rest of the Kona lovers on site wet their pants and vote them Bike of the Month ...... ) clipless pedals ( ok if you're a roadie ) my new Carrera Fury ( just - well - because .... i don't like the Suntour gears , the bars , the riding position , the saddle , the forks ...... ) i'll stop now ........

I'd put Under bar shifters in. Too big. no friction setting.

My Suntour XC Pro thumies were works of art. :cool:

(sigh)

Sure Disk Drives were pointless! In fact over priced and quite rubbish really...

All expensive cnc machined cranks were pretty dire too...

Anything made by Grafton was really quite poor...

White Porcs wore out in 3 rides... dire

Manitou framesets all seem to snap....pants

USE seatposts were rubbish and all snapped... cack

Infact most boutique stuff was pretty non-purposeful.

So why is does this stuff fetch so much on the retro market and why do so many people want it? Think about it! :cool:

Latest posts

Back