The Official Retrobike shipping Sticky

In need of some serious help here. I've just been quoted $350 by Kent Eriksen to deliver my new frame to the UK. Anybody got any ideas for a shipper that will include good insurance?
cheers

haggis":2y14h7kh said:
In need of some serious help here. I've just been quoted $350 by Kent Eriksen to deliver my new frame to the UK. Anybody got any ideas for a shipper that will include good insurance?
cheers

I'd be flying out there to shake Kent's hand ;)

UPS or TNT? That's probably who he'll be using though and they aren't cheap.

He's using a shipping broker called Kamino but i think i've got it sorted through parcelmonkey now. They're only wanting £88 inc insurance. i took your acvice on that seatpost as well Crell. Have you taken the plunge yet?

5lb steel frame from USA > UK £44.10 via USPS, then got caught for 'customs and handling fees' by Parcel Farce (+£35 :roll: )

Pair of Mavic Crossrides in proper wheel box 4.5kg - £11.99 - Parcel Force 48hr signed for with £150 insurance cover to UK address

Just, reluctantly, sent a complete bike via Parcelforce UK to UK. Cost £25, size was 135x20x73cm and weighed in at 15kg. When the guy came to collect it he said it is bigger than they normally take. I booked it through parcels2go. Perhaps next time I'll use DHL...

Set of chris king/racelites to Tasmania via royal mail international signed for.
£80 insured to £150[saves on import taxes but you could be stuffed if things go wrong].Proper padded reinforced box total weight 4 KG
Took about 14 days to arrived
No reports as yet of condition but all seems fine

Does anyone know what kind of collection time window senditnow give? I've bought a bike on eBay that needs collecting, and need to ask the seller for a convenient time. Don't know if I need a couple of hours or a whole day though! senditnow don't seem to have a phone number...

haydnw":6hpy1siw said:
Does anyone know what kind of collection time window senditnow give? I've bought a bike on eBay that needs collecting, and need to ask the seller for a convenient time. Don't know if I need a couple of hours or a whole day though! senditnow don't seem to have a phone number...

Think you can specify am or pm, and even ask for a smaller window than that

looking for some help shipping to New Zealand. Under 1Kg and 28X11X20cm. looking at 70 odd quid :shock: any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back