my 1930 race bike

24pouces

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
rBotM Winner
PoTM Winner
Some pictures of the bike I rode in Paris when I was a student, in the beginning of 90ies.
I found the bike in a cellar where I lived. I didn't have enough money, but I cleaned the frame and tried to have a bike which could be riden without problem.
It was very light for such an old bike. One day, I met an old woman who knew the person who has welded it and could gave me an idea of the age of the frame.

toutlevelorp3.jpg

I still have it. So, why not restore it… But actually, it cocan be riden
:LOL:

Yes :LOL:
I put items for riding the frame. Because I had to climb, I prefer to put a derailleur on it. It's a neo-retro bike :LOL:

But I don't know if I restore it strictly as it was in 1930 (the rear derailleur appears around 1935) or If I built a neo-retro

on the head badge, is written : "le petit qui n'a pas peur des gros"
in translation : Small who isn't afraid by the bigs :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
A funny philosophy ;)

Those Ideale saddle clamps are amazing.

Was it originally a single speed or three speed. Would be great to see a simplex JUY shifter on it it and some old South of France bars.

Great bike.

Looks terrific for its age. Shows there's nothing new in frame design with the 'fastback' seat stays which were supposedly 'new' in the 60's! Beautifully brazed joints.

I had a couple of those Ideal saddle clips but, stupidly, let them go. You can get perfect adjustment with them. Mine also had a couple of slots for a strap to hold a spare tubular etc.

Back