Hello

Lemond Fan

rBotM Winner
Hi

Firstly I'd like to say hello, my names Tim and I am a big fan of retro Lemond's pre trek

Came across this great website, good timing as I am just in the process of building up my second semi retro Lemond build for a early 1990's pre Trek Era Lemond.

Heres the one I just bought off ebay which is currently on its travels from the States. Was going to build up using NOS parts from the era but the parts have increased dramatically since my last build so its a mixture of retro parts (Seatpost, Campag Rims, cinelli Bars, Cateye Cordless Computer) combined with the retro look of a full Campag ergo Veloce 10 Speed Groupset. Cheating I know but what to do it NOS and as cheap as possible but with quality components. Did a simalir build with my 1992 Z Team coloured bike I owned from new but rebuilt 2 years ago with a full Campag Record 2006 Group but retaining that authentic retro look, will post some pics soon, let me know what you think of the frame, Tim

Attachments

• 313088600_tp.jpg
    313088600_tp.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 873
  • 313088616_tp.jpg
    313088616_tp.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 873
  • 313088588_tp.jpg
    313088588_tp.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 873
  • 313088676_tp.jpg
    313088676_tp.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 873
Nice

Hello and welcome :)
Thats a lovely looking frame :cool:
Dont know too much about pre Trek (or post for that matter) Lemonds but it does look a lot classier than the modern ones I have seen. The modern ones seem good quality but just dont grab me.
Keep us updated

Jamie

Cheers Jamie

Will do, heres the SLR saddle that is going on it, not retro but mega rare, another ebay purchase, which I believe was never made available on the general market and only made for Alessandro Ballan. The world champ stripe will go nicely with the Lemond Logo and the Z World Champ retro jersey I have.

I have also attached the Regal saddle I found as used by Tom Boonen, this would have been cheaper and more in keeping interms of the overall design from the era just did not like the logo or wavy stripes

Tim

Attachments

• img.jpg
    img.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 864
  • !BZq3riw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl9odTBKn3mjQjFw~~_35.jpg
    !BZq3riw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-CYEjlLl9odTBKn3mjQjFw~~_35.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 864
Lovely frame which I presume is NOS.

I've always dreamed of building a replica of the bike that Lemond won the 1989 TDF on (the time trial bike of the last stage) such a monumental moment not only for cycling history but for my childhood memories...

Hi Tel it is NOS which is why I was desparate to win it. Cost me £310 inc shipping from the states which I think is a good priceas I paid £265 15 years ago for my Z team Coal Black frame from JE James when they bought up some bankruptstock when Lemond went under. Will post some pics of that soon

Beautiful frame you have there. :cool: I hope you don't get stung too much when it gets through customs. :evil:

Hi Steve

Yes I m expecting a customers bill of around £60 happened last year when I bought a polar HRM from overseas, just hope this one slips through :cool: dont hold much hop though :cry:

Really nice frame. Who built for Lemond?

Look forward to seeing it built up :D

Hi John

It could be a number of builders as Lemond used a few fro what I have read, most likely to be Serotta or Bilato Brothers in Italy. Nearly got all the parts. Then its off to be built :D

Back