Marin Muirwoods 1989 REBUILD!, sunglasses recommended.

happy halloween

right last few bits for today got sidetracked.

on goes my old lx rear mech retouched with a car scratch touch up pen,so looks new from about 3 foot away,
NOS LX front mech, and a shiny shimano chainstay protector for a bit of bling,

thoughts and comments appreciated on the yellow dilemma.

Happy Halloween

decals gil

oh i did contact gil, who i know is the man for decals, but due to him being a bit pressed for time,he was unable to reproduce the seattube stickers, did everything else and they looked fab,but i wanted all the decals.
I hopefully have someone now,but they are taking an age,and not really responding to my emails either.

fingers crossed though, and i wont rest til i have the decals either

thank you,lol

thank you for the compliments, Im getting a warm glow here,lol.

im not sure if i'm your typical retrobiker, as this is a bike i have had since 1991, and i love her dearly, even if i got the same frame, bits etc, if it wasnt MY bike it wouldnt feel the same,
I think i'm lucky it wasnt a really top end bike too, as it was entry level marin, i can get away with good quality middle of the road stuff, as opposed to the really high end stuff i see on here, which i could never afford anyway and could not afford it back then either, and wouldnt seem right on this bike.
The only other bike i sort of crave now(and did back then) is a kona, with a small steel frame and the big colourful decals in either red or purple,please excuse my ignorance Kona fans.
I also sold out i think to the modern stuff, as my main bike is a Cove handjob, though it is a steel hardtail,lol

anyway i ramble, its slightly intoxicating this building a shiny new old bike thing,

The frame looks green compared to the yellow ules grips. Like the bike and cool pumpkin :cool:

Latest posts

Back