Chaser's Saracen Project

Only 15 quid for a fram like that? I'm tempted just so I can use up some old parts! Chaser, we'll have to meet up at the Chase sometime as I live in Codsall so not far at all.

was it the same ebay shop though? if so i will just keep my eyes peeled for one to turn up.

im really tempted, im watching another couple of second hand frames on ebay at the mo that i know will go for loads more and im starting to think why bother when you can get a new frame that nice for not many beer tokens at all!

look forward to seeing yours with stickers and also built up

Great find Chaser and what a lovely frame, those welds are stunning and for that price too, it's a steal.

Like what your doing with the spec too, think the pace forks, silver post and stem and the hints of blue will set it apart. What colour will Gil's decals be?

Will watch this build with interest, please keep us upto date with the smallest of details.

Thanks IWGO,

We should deffo meet up on the Chase... I live 15 mins bike ride away.

Let me know when you can make it, I am there most weekends on either Sat or Sun.

My mobile is 07815 91827

Cheers,

Chaser. [AKA Ian :D ]

Mobes":3cevv1gk said:
was it the same ebay shop though? if so i will just keep my eyes peeled for one to turn up.

im really tempted, im watching another couple of second hand frames on ebay at the mo that i know will go for loads more and im starting to think why bother when you can get a new frame that nice for not many beer tokens at all!

look forward to seeing yours with stickers and also built up

Mobes, yes same ebay shop bankrupt surplus.

Cheers,

Chaser.

sinnett177":3619ng4j said:
Great find Chaser and what a lovely frame, those welds are stunning and for that price too, it's a steal.

Like what your doing with the spec too, think the pace forks, silver post and stem and the hints of blue will set it apart. What colour will Gil's decals be?

Will watch this build with interest, please keep us upto date with the smallest of details.

Hey Sinnnett,

I will really have to work at this thread.. you really set the standard for informative and entertaining threads/builds :)

Thanks for your comments... The decals will be silver but if you have any suggestion pls tell me, I would be more than willing to get some more printed if you have a great idea for a different colour scheme - no neon yellow though eh? ;)

Yes, I hope to attend the twizzler [answer to question on different thread, sorry] maybe the Sara' will be finished by then?

I am trying to build the bike with a 'what would a 97 Saracen Protrax look like if it was sold today'? [with a retro forgotten futurist point of view]

I just hope the blue anno with Purple frame do not end up looking more 'No Chance' than 'Fat Chance' if you know what I mean?

:?

Will add updates as they come along.

Signing off for cosmic dreams...

Chaser.

Well, Sinnett said post every detail ;)

Here are the spoke nips I intend to use for the wheel build

If I use a blue anno Hope hub, will it look good to use these purple nips or a bit too bling?

Should I go for a silver rim or black rim? decisions eh???

Maybe even ceramics to sharpen up the brakes as I am going with 'v' brakes.

Thoughts guys?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,014
Thanks Sinnett,

Yes, you are right, I think black or ceramics will look great, very moody as you say.

Do you think it will be ok to use purple nips wit black/ceramic rims and hope anno blue hubs? not too much?

Cheers,

Chaser.

Back