Q&D pics of 1992 ? Specialized S-works Steel

Ohh, for £250 with XTR I reckon you did real good :cool:

Seriously nice ride, enjoy and don't split!

Fantastic bike, good find......... the newbie did very well indeed! Now get it cleaned up! :LOL:

I have no intentions of changing the spec or splitting the ride..its deserves to stay exactly as it always has....( with the possible exception of a tyre change )

Don't split it mate, although if you do change the tyres, I think that you'll get a good few people willing to offer you a very good price for them! Those grey umma gummas are real hard to find and really quite desirable.

Barn find of the year! :cool: Don't split the bike, it deserves to stay in one peice. I know it may be very tempting but please do not do it.

What a Find.. snapped for a bargain too. Great colour!

I found a ground control in a similar state recently and as I made it my daily ride I took the tyres, grips and saddle and put them away as They were going to wear out pretty quickly and would be a pain to find again if I ever felt the urge to return the bike to original. Might be worth thinking about.

Just to mention, I don't think you should split the bike either as it stands perfect the way it is.

I was merely offering my reclamation services should you not find the saddle to your liking, nor the grips, bars, or tyres.

They'd only be going on another S-Works anyway, so at least one would always be complete...

:LOL: :LOL:

Better late than never, What a Bike !! What a find - u lucky thing. I think there are a few members here that would cut there little fingers off to get that.

I have the same frame and forks from new !! Love the paint job. I have no budget for M900 parts and same as previous posts Seat Post, Seat, Quill Stem and Bars are rare rare are.

Keep her as she is - Beautiful !! Also I would have paid alot more for it. In fact I am printing your pictures as we speak... Thanks for showing us ;-)

Chris Red":vkq0k9xg said:
Better late than never, What a Bike !! What a find - u lucky thing. I think there are a few members here that would cut there little fingers off to get that.

I have the same frame and forks from new !! Love the paint job. I have no budget for M900 parts and same as previous posts Seat Post, Seat, Quill Stem and Bars are rare rare are.

Keep her as she is - Beautiful !! Also I would have paid alot more for it. In fact I am printing your pictures as we speak... Thanks for showing us ;-)

Many thanks..she is a beauty..desribed by the original owner as a pink stumpy..i think....well close enough eh !.. :D

So the paint work is a two-tone fade then? i was wondering whether the sun had got to it ....

Hopefully going to have time to strip her down for a proper clean regrease and adjustment tomorrow...will post some more pics once done...reckon removing the small amount of grime will make all the difference...

Need also to check whether the BB and pedals are of the Titanium variety..and also to start the hunt for the matching Trick seatpost clamp...i have the wheel Q/R but the seat one is a nasty Shimano thing !

K

Yes its 100% two tone fade, darker at the back. Not sure on the BB and pedals my are not original. The frame and forks alone retailed for £749.99 back in the day.

I also think I just bought the seat clamp you may need from bay for £4.00 bin ;-) Was on my shopping list for months.

Here's a pic. I have some new rimms to fit and all work in progress.

Back