Paduano Bruto

ddidds

Retro Guru
i really don't know where to start...this has been a great trip. building my dream-bike after. almost 3 months since i started putting parts together the enthusiasm hasn't left me. i still have the same joy looking and riding her, as i had for the first time.

the project was quite expensive and during these difficult financial times it has been even harder! but all these obstacles have made the joy even bigger!

there is also a website with my progress of the bike paduanobruto.blogspot.com. right now it sits on 8740g but it will go under 8500 in a few days by modifying some parts(eg:mini seatpost kit).

although Bucharest is a large city(3.5 milion) news travels fast, therefore i was asked to have a photo-shoot for a local magazine and the first part of the pictures are from moneyexpress.ro.

these are the specs:

Frame: paduano bruto with carbon boron and mini seatpost kit
Headset: tange seiki integrated
shock: cane creek ad5
Seatpost: -
Seatpost Binder: -
Fork: german-a kilo no1
Stem: syntace f99
Handlebar: schmolke carbon tlo
Grips: procraft

Brakes: hope mini x2 pro
Brake Pads: hope
Brake hose: hope
Brake Levers: carbon hope

Shifters: sachs quartz
Front Derailleur: xtr 970 topswing
Rear Derailleur: xtr 970 shadow short
Derailleur Cables: nokon
Cassette: dura ace 12-27
Chain: kmc 9sl
Cranks: rotor agilis xc2
Crank Bolts: rotor
Chainrings: rotor
Chainring bolts: rotor
Bottom Bracket: rotor bb1
Pedals: cb 4ti
Hub Skewers: procraft ti
Wheels
Rims: dt xr4.2d
Hubs: dt swiss 240s
Nipples: dt alu
Spokes: dt revolution
Tyres: furoius fred
Tubes: xxlight
Saddle: selle italia

Weight: 8740g

and the pics

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 4,691
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 4,688
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,691
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 4,691
Trick looking bike and the photographer lit it pretty well for the pics. How do you like the way the Kilo fork rides? I found about German A after checking out the Interbike site and I was amazed how they could make a suspension fork, especially with the extra linkage material, so lightweight. I don't think they have any distribution in the US but they sell off their website. Expensive for sure.

the kilo no1 is an amazing fork. besides the fact that it weights only 1120gr the way you see it in the picture , the feel is completely special. i was between the r7 or the sid before i tested this one and although it is very expensive y decision was taken! it feels very different in the corners because it is very very stiff.
the shock absorption is very nice. on the slr light you only have rebound adjustment but you can interchange the shocks. the other ones are a little bit heavier but they come with lockout and other options.
so in 3 words, it's stiff, plush and lightweight

I really like that.

Its modern, yet looks classic.

Yup, I like it a lot.

Well done.

:))

i wanted to look friendly and to smile , but the photographer told me to look angry, and i don't look, behave nor am angry, therefore the outcome was kind of funny.
i am not in the pursuit of fame, i only did it for the bike. i even told them to only take pictures of the bike, but it appears i am irresistible handsome and they wanted me in the pictures as well :D

Just beautiful bicycle artistry :cool:

Convinced me to save up for the hardtail version c/w rigid forks, but ti/carbon Caino or all ti Caligola???

hi and thanks for the words

for Caramba Kid
it depends on what you want. the ti-carbon frames are a little bit more rigid than the titanium ones. i prefer the carbon-ti combination also because it takes advantages from both materials...
if you want a hardtail frame i would wait a little bit for the new Gladio, it is also titanium made with carbon boron but it has the whole seattube carbon boron made.

i keep in touch quite often with Francesco Paduano and as soon as he has the new Gladio pictures ready i will post them here.

Latest posts

Back