john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
DSCF2543.jpg

http://www.freshtripe.co.uk/Freshtripe/ ... 2F81B.html

Interested to hear opinions on this one ??

Interesting. I think I am goning to build my Gazelle lo pro like that.

Elev12k":3etz6xp8 said:
Interesting. I think I am goning to build my Gazelle lo pro like that.

Interesting indeed, a very marmite build.
I trust you will be using pink grips?

I could use pink grips, but than the pink has to come back elswhere. Where? I am not going to spend big bucks on pink tyres.

It was only yesterday when I went to lbs for a 80s tt bar. I actually planned an authentic build incl c-R for this bike and I knew the lbs had a couple nos bars. Sadly they sold their last the day before, to a fixie guy. Open to new options now. I could still go for authentic, but something more fixie-inspired for only one bike in the stable: why not.

Btw another lbs is offering a Champion Mondial Stayer bike atm. The new fashion soon to be seen on the streets?

the "fixed-queer" comment kinda sums it up for me... I think most fixies are style things n whatnot... and that ones no exception. but at least they are out riding....

that and that massively tall stem + riser bars....... okay then. you already know what i am thinking. lo - pros also dont make good general purpose bikes so like... that thing is all sorts of "i'd never have anything even close to that..."

the frame is nice though. Just not my cup o' tea. and I am glad that the frame is being put to good use and ridden & the person who owns it is getting out and riding... and tin the end thats the most important part.

I think it's hideous and a disgrace for the bike. I would be ashamed to ride it with the frame built to allow for a real low riding position, and then there's the tall stem and riser bars to compensate. Kind of makes you wonder why the ownder didn't just use a normal frame. But then again, most of the people riding fixies make you wonder why they don't have regular bikes. Oh yeah because they don't cover any distances so they don't need a bike for any other reason than looking cool.
Please don't feel offended by this rant because it isn't aimed at all fixed riders, just the clueless hipsters that seem to make up the majority of them.

I dont mind it .

Sure a lot of fixies we see at the moment are just a fashion statement , but it creates a new style of cycling .

BMX and MTB were critcised too when they first appeared .

& thank you pigeon. i agree. & i dont have a problem with fixies built up with crap parts with crap old frames saved from trash cheep etc......

but that??

& i totally agree with the stem/riser thing. wth

I dont like to see beauties built up with crap.

p.s. arent Lo-Pro bikes impractical for most riding...? (just curious, I think they look cool but i cant see them being at all comfortable or responsive for corneriing etc.... if im wrong then i might consider buying one :twisted: )

Back