The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread isn't used much.

Anyhow here's a valuation for the masses.

Muddy Fox Explorer. Apparently mint (not mine btw).

Attachments

• fox1.jpg
    fox1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,328
Manitou 2 Suspension Forks in 1 1/4" threaded flavour. Nice condition with anodising still nice and bright. New elastomers earlier this year. Bad parts are rubbing areas to the crown from cables and for some reason I can't get the preload adjusters to move.

Would be a reluctant sale but what are they worth?

2009_1029parts0024.jpg

2009_1029parts0025.jpg

sinnett177":28cizii5 said:
Manitou 2 Suspension Forks in 1 1/4" threaded flavour. Nice condition with anodising still nice and bright. New elastomers earlier this year. Bad parts are rubbing areas to the crown from cables and for some reason I can't get the preload adjusters to move.

Would be a reluctant sale but what are they worth?

i sold a set in similar condition a while ago and they went for a negotiated £50. i would say yours will be worth a little more for the rare steerer (but you might be longer finding an owner) and also a little more for the new elastomers.

if they were mine i'd be wanting around £70

John":22oxm27j said:
Wow this thread isn't used much.

Anyhow here's a valuation for the masses.

Muddy Fox Explorer. Apparently mint (not mine btw).

despite being mint i cant see it being worth an awful lot. somewhere around £20-50?

Re: Marin Bear Valley late Eighties?

jonshaw1uk":1b67is96 said:
Hi!, I'm hoping for some advice. A friend of mine is currently very ill and asked me to help sort out her garage for her. Inside we found her old mountain bike which is a Marin Bear Valley. I'm guessing its probably late eighties vintage as it has a sticker on it saying it was designed by Joe Murray. Its in pretty tatty condition but still has the original u-brake down by the bottom bracket, thumbshifters and mostly orginal parts.
Not sure what size it is - maybe a 16" as it pretty small. She wanted to chuck it in the skip but I thought someone out there might fancy it as a project? I have a few pics which i will try and attach. Any advice as to whether its worth trying to sell it or not, and if so any ideas on price would be great.
Thanks a lot
Jon

i am sure someone would love this rather than it being skipped. i assume its not in the best of shape (given she was prepared to lob it) so i'd say its value is pretty low. say £20-£30 but thats a lot better than nothing, and at least someone else would benefit from it.

lewis1641":13dj56vo said:
i sold a set in similar condition a while ago and they went for a negotiated £50. i would say yours will be worth a little more for the rare steerer (but you might be longer finding an owner) and also a little more for the new elastomers.

if they were mine i'd be wanting around £70
Cheers mate will give it a go.

I've just dug out 2 Cannondales from my shed. one is a mid 90's Blue killer V, F1000 CAD3 with red Headshok Fatty SL forks. its in good but used condition- The manager of my local bike shop told me that it may sell better as just a frame? The other is a blue Cannondale also with Headshok Fatty d forks and disc breaks.The guy in the shop said this could possably be a Cannondale M500. As you can probably tell i don't know a great deal about bikes so any advice will be appreciated. i would just like a rough ball park figure of how much they are worth so i can sell them to someone who appreciates them.

Older Answer Pro Taper Bars

I have some Answer Pro Taper handlebars from the late '90s (the ones with the "Pro Taper" stickers, not the newer ones with the new Answer logo). Black with 1 or 2 inch rise. I haven't seen any pop up on Ebay for a while so I really don't know if there's any demand or what the value is. Anybody want to take a wag at a fair asking price?

Whats this lot worth :?

Sport lever set -No3 Front No2 Rear[rear has torsion arm,no dropout bolt though]the No2 is mint
Pro lever set-No5 front No3 rear[or swop them around]

Mini rotor @185mm[6 bolt]
C2 rotor @165mm[6 bolt
Hope[?] rotor@165mm[5 bolt]
New Hope wavy @ 165mm[5 bolt]
New Hope wavy @185mm[5 bolt]

2x No3 1/2callipers suitable for spares only,1 black ,1 silver
2x 1/2 callipers ,No6 + No4 both brand new[with seals]
2x rear 1/2 callipers [with pistons]1 black,1 silver working fine
1xNo6 calliper complete
spare piston,damage to the top but above the seal,still usable

4x new C2 disc pads,sintered [ten mins use]