AMP B4

stauqmuk

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My most recent Ebay purchase: an AMP B4 in pretty great condition, needs a paint job and a good cleaning but other than that its sweet.

Came with a set of D-1 disc brakes, a full LX M-565 group, a Thompson elite post and control tech bar and stem. The rims along with the main frame have been painted red so I'm not sure, but I think the rims look like mavic 217s. A pair of oddly out of place Alpine Star stickers on the seatmast round out the sale.

For a 10 year old bike that looks relatively unserviced it rides, shifts and stops remarkably well. I adjusted the rear brake pads out to stop them rubbing but thats it.

I must admit that this bike was never really on my top ten list but I was driven to seek one out after finding a front D-1 brake, hub, rotor set NIB in my shop and was really curious how they would work. That new brake went to MOMBAT and now I'm left with this monstrosity of a bike and nothing to do with it. Most probably I'll ride it around for a bit perhaps repaint it and throw it up on here or on The Bay.

Attachments

• amp rear brake.JPG
    amp rear brake.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,965
  • amp hub detail.JPG
    amp hub detail.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,965
  • amp fork detail.JPG
    amp fork detail.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,965
  • amp B4.JPG
    amp B4.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,965
stevetait":1qtz3f1y said:
Think I was looking at this one to add to my collection... Is it really dinky??

"dinky" like small? cause yes its pretty small maybe a 17" bb to seat clamp

@fingers: yeah the red is really killing me. I've decided however not to keep it and in the next few days I'll give it a wash and list it for sale. Complete or split no diff to me.

Thats a shame its so small - thats what dinky means, BTW!

(ps was in NYC this summer, love that place!)

LOL.. Dinky, small yes. I'll be on the look out for your sale mate..I have two Amp builds on the go at the mo.

I'm in NY at end of November too.. Can't wait to see it.

Back