Project No. 6: Alpinestars Cro-Mega SS

I like it , can't go wrong with black :D

I would change the shimano discs though , they always look a bit cheap , some hope wavys would look cool .

Hi Sinnet,

Great to see you writing again!

SS... I think you are very brave or maybe you have just got a lot fitter :D

I really enjoy the detail in your builds, love that you are going discs too :)

Cant wait to see it painted.

Cheers,

Chaser

chaser":3nbmmokb said:
Hi Sinnet,

Great to see you writing again!

SS... I think you are very brave or maybe you have just got a lot fitter :D

I really enjoy the detail in your builds, love that you are going discs too :)

Cant wait to see it painted.

Cheers,

Chaser
Chaser, great to hear from you. Will you be attending the Turkey Twizzler this year? If you can't we'll have to arrrange another Chase meet up and get the Raleigh's back out.

Single speed.......figure if I have a hard winter on the SS i'll be able to take my much improved fitness to the next level. I've ridden all year and am really starting to get some decent fitness together.

I'm enjoying this build, this frame means a lot to me and i'm liking the butch looks it's producing. Think the addition of the AT-4's will finish it nicely.

Hi Mark

How is the project going missing our retro chats in the shop, at the moment my project is a mega cross bike project.based on a Planet X uncle john frame.

KINGCUTTER":35rqeayz said:
Hi Mark

How is the project going missing our retro chats in the shop, at the moment my project is a mega cross bike project.based on a Planet X uncle john frame.
Hi Mark,

Project is up to date with the exception of some new bars coming from Jeff (Sidekick416) over in Singapore. I've been wanting to ride it now for weeks but a combination of a cold and not enough time have prevented me.

You must come up, there is some great riding to be had around here. On road as well as off road. Perhaps we could make your retro road ride happen?

Cheers Mark

Looks great as you would expect with one of your builds :cool:

PM me your address and I will send you a bag of black cable ties ;) :LOL:

Mark lookin nasty :twisted: in a good way of course :) I always wanted to build an estay SS, was going to try a ghost gear.

Cheers fellas, finally going to give it a blast baiku this afternoon :D

GM the 'pink' zip ties are ones I robbed from work, we've stopped getting black ones as they were getting robbed in such big quantities :shock: . When they realise the pink ones are just as desirable they'll go back to black, so i'll hold on for that.

:cool: another great build!
As for gearing,its best to decide whats right for you and where you ride but always err on the low side!
Hope to see you at a ride soon! :D

MJN":nhu679ox said:
:cool: another great build!
As for gearing,its best to decide whats right for you and where you ride but always err on the low side!
Hope to see you at a ride soon! :D
Cheers Marcus, just back from from a nice few hours in the saddle. My first experience of single speed since the days of BMX! A strange experience but one I grew to enjoy :D

First inpressions, the gearing of 32/18 is too low. So I'm going to replace the 18 rear with a 16 and see how that feels, it climbed really well even without the aid of bar ends, but I was spinning far too much on the flats IMO. All in all though the bikes a success, the brakes are bedding in a treat (amazed just how good this modern Deore kit is), the chain tensioner is doing it's job too, most important it handles like a 1992 alpinestars :shock:

So the next step will be to get the gearing sorted and AT-4's fitted, then go from there with regard to cutting bits off and repainting. But here's a few pics, some baiku and some back garden :D

2009_1111baiku0001.jpg

2009_1111baiku0003.jpg

2009_1111baiku0007.jpg

2009_1111baiku0011.jpg

2009_1111baiku0013.jpg

2009_1111baiku0015.jpg

2009_1111baiku0014.jpg

2009_1111baiku0016.jpg

Back