1991 Gary Fisher AL 1 - rebuilt 05.11.09

Hey LGF,

Looks to be a cool build. The CT stem looks made for that bike :cool:

The powdercoaters down the road from me do a mean matt black finish that would look ace on that build.

Cheap too if it goes in with a larger batch - just means having to wait up to a week...so no great hardship!

JTfinishers are the chaps.

Can supply hobnobs and tea if you venture this way
:LOL:

legrandefromage":15gvdhmj said:

They be the ones. Should I put the kettle on?*

I have always dealt with John.

I have had coated:

1 x MTB Frame
1 x BMX frame, forks & handlebar
1 x Aluminum forks
1 x soon to be Controltech stem.

*Bugger just found out Mrs LMTTM has burnt through the cord whilst boiling water on the cooker :roll: Its okay though I'll heat the water in a pan ;)

let me get some costings - its behind in the queueue along with car repairs, garage extension, new sofas, new floor and so-on...

legrandefromage":38pe6x2i said:
utahdog2003":38pe6x2i said:
legrandefromage":38pe6x2i said:
paints fooked/ lifting/ scuffed

3rd person LGF is in detention, 1000 lines as punishment about something or other....

The previous owner/s put the bearing races in upside down (which was fun).

Anyone who can spot the Altus A10 component wins something off my garage floor...

I like it as is. :cool:

Besides, you shouldn't spend too much dough on the thing, as like all AL-1s, there's a 97.4% chance the head tube will crack. :p

spoil sport - can report its crack free though...

;) :D ;)

A buddy of mine in college had one with drop bars, neon green and pink cable housings, and white Onza Porcs.

He was cool.

:!: :?: :LOL:

funny you should mention drops - thats what was gonna go on but its doing well as it is.

might keep it 'patina' style for now.

I just discovered that a Mavic headset is the shmooovest thing I've ever encountered.

Is the retrobike sticker too subtle?

Attachments

• gary fisher mavic.jpg
    gary fisher mavic.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,050
  • gary fisher retrobike.jpg
    gary fisher retrobike.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 1,051
Yes those Mavic headsets really are ace, I also like the bolt that prevents it from loosening over time.

The black squares on the frame are a bit dodgy, I bet the bike would have looked a lot nicer without them. It's coming along nicely though, hope you can find some cash to get it powdercoated.

Back