1996 Orange X1

ChrisG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Had this a while but never posted on here. This is my Orange X1.
Took these photos after a trip up to the Quantocks on Sunday. Bike is clean now I promise. :LOL:

Attachments

• Orange 3.jpg
    Orange 3.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,807
  • Orange 2.jpg
    Orange 2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,807
  • Orange 1.jpg
    Orange 1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,807
Nice.

Interesting you have your shock that way round - I always had mine the other - the remote lockout would only work with it that way round.

Very nice, don't suppose you want to sell it or swap for a bigger one do you? My son has one that he loves but it is much too big for him. I don't want to let it go unless I can either swap his for a smaller one or sell his knowing I can buy a smaller one.

development_cycle":2ojf9c87 said:
Very nice, don't suppose you want to sell it or swap for a bigger one do you? My son has one that he loves but it is much too big for him. I don't want to let it go unless I can either swap his for a smaller one or sell his knowing I can buy a smaller one.

maybe I would if I was a bit taller :D I'm going to hang on to it especially as I've not seen another in this size.

orange71":1msd8y9j said:
Nice.

Interesting you have your shock that way round - I always had mine the other - the remote lockout would only work with it that way round.

Do you think the shock is that way round because it is the lower spec version without the lock out or someone has just put it in the wrong way round?

possibly the latter - but with the lower spec one it isn't quite so crucial. However one reason I would have it the other way round is so that any mud/water etc can't be gravity fed into the seals.

My son's one and the one I built for my friend both have that same shock and one is the other way round to yours and the other is the same. It may be a good idea to reverse it if nothing else to give the seals more protection against water ingress. I'll do the same with my friend's the next time I see him.

Attachments

• IMG_4444 for web.jpg
    IMG_4444 for web.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,664
looks very cool. i think i was taking less interest by this time back in the day and dont actually remember these bikes at all. were they any good?

lewis1641":3hmlii98 said:
looks very cool. i think i was taking less interest by this time back in the day and dont actually remember these bikes at all. were they any good?

I like it and have fun using it, but thats the point :D
I'm don't know if it was better or worse than any thing else that was on the market at the time. The GT bikes were probably better?

I know that some people aren't big fans of the cut off seat tube or the URT
its the same thing that you see on all that tat coming out of Halfords. :roll:

Back