1989 Cannondale M900 'Red Shred' - FINISHED!

Latest additions.

IMG_2065.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2068.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2076.jpg

I've added a deore dx chainset and an early syncros stem, I also have some nos xt thumbies to add shortly! I have some bars, grips and brake levers coming soon!

Glad you went with the Cannondale, that looks great.

im not 'dissing' the dyna tech or Raleigh but when i was at school in inner london in the late 80's Cannondale was cool but Raleigh was definitely uncool. It was the Nike vs Dunlop green flash scenario. Thats just how it was. :)

There is a chap I know called John, (Jock). I am trying to get him to join our fine forum and knowing him to be a total Canondale nut, if he does look in from time to time seeing something like this will make him join! I seem to recall Canondale paint being a little 'soft' which makes the A1 condition of this one all the more special!

It's going to be ace!

Hi Stew, I'm not totally convinced by it either to be honest, I'll see what it looks like built up and maybe change it...... I think maybe it looks too tall? I'll see if I can find a t boner :D

Thanks for the encouragement guys, you're making me even more eager to get this one finished. :cool: I think once I get the parts i've sorted paid for (waiting for payday on friday!) and fitted, I will only need to source a seatpost, saddle and front mech.

im not 'dissing' the dyna tech or Raleigh but when i was at school in inner london in the late 80's Cannondale was cool but Raleigh was definitely uncool. It was the Nike vs Dunlop green flash scenario. Thats just how it was.

I've got to admit, I feel the same about this, for me this bike had a kind of unattainable status to it, so choosing to dismantle the dyna tach for the parts was probably always going to happen as my heart lay with the red shred.

Back