6/4 Anodised Ti bolts...Ladies & Gents a Concensus pleas

mattpayne":3c8si3mc said:
hhmmm... i think i need...

1 x pair bottle cage
2 x pair vbrake bolts, extra long for brake booster
1 x pair crank bolts
2 x to fit a syncros stem (front flap thing)
2 x fit a syncros seatpost
6 x to fit judy crown
2 x M4 bolts
2 x M4 nuts
1 x M5 bolt
1 x M5 nut

I havent the foggiest what the sizes are as they are all still screwed into the bike!

all these in the lightest shape possible! :D the drilled out Ti look the nuts...

i think the rest of the bolts in the bike are aluminium...

yikes!! assuming things are about £4 each! thats nearly £80!! :shock:

mmm... just noticed 2 more bolts poking out the bottom of the judys... i wonder how big they are..... look like 5mm....

judy sls came with ti bolts as standard. if you wanna get propper lite look into nylon bolts (santa cruz have been specin em for bottle bosses for years, same for T.H.E mudguards ;)

:? I'm interested except i can't tell the difference from a M1 bolt or an M6. And i wouldn't want to buy the wrong ones and then couldn't change for the correct parts. It's the sort of thing i would go to a shop and buy but not on line. That way no mix up. :)

scant":3banla60 said:
mattpayne":3banla60 said:
hhmmm... i think i need...

1 x pair bottle cage
2 x pair vbrake bolts, extra long for brake booster
1 x pair crank bolts
2 x to fit a syncros stem (front flap thing)
2 x fit a syncros seatpost
6 x to fit judy crown
2 x M4 bolts
2 x M4 nuts
1 x M5 bolt
1 x M5 nut

I havent the foggiest what the sizes are as they are all still screwed into the bike!

all these in the lightest shape possible! :D the drilled out Ti look the nuts...

i think the rest of the bolts in the bike are aluminium...

yikes!! assuming things are about £4 each! thats nearly £80!! :shock:

mmm... just noticed 2 more bolts poking out the bottom of the judys... i wonder how big they are..... look like 5mm....

judy sls came with ti bolts as standard. if you wanna get propper lite look into nylon bolts (santa cruz have been specin em for bottle bosses for years, same for T.H.E mudguards ;)

unfortunately mine didnt, the crown and brace were swapped for parts from judy DH's :( so steel bolts in there... and a steel steerer tube! :cry: but i have the correct brace now :) oohh... thats another 2 bolts... :(

Ok, plan short lived.

The all seeing eye (Scant) has highlighted a problem - after a bit of research and a few emails back and forth to others concerned, have discovered that this is in fact the manufacturer anyway. So you might as well buy them direct on line.

Oh well, at least it's also highlighted a new avenue of pimpy expenditure not to be afforded.

:roll:

Wu-Tangled":3gl6j6k2 said:
Ok, plan short lived.

The all seeing eye (Scant) has highlighted a problem - after a bit of research and a few emails back and forth to others concerned, have discovered that this is in fact the manufacturer anyway. So you might as well buy them direct on line.

Oh well, at least it's also highlighted a new avenue of pimpy expenditure not to be afforded.

:roll:

eh, sorry? I hope I'v just saved you a lot of hassle rather than piss you off- i might be an arrogant b'std but pissin u off wasnt my intention :roll:

scant":2bsx9vve said:
eh, sorry? I hope I'v just saved you a lot of hassle rather than piss you off- i might be an arrogant b'std but pissin u off wasnt my intention :roll:

Nah, quite the contrary. Don't worry, was well up for being a resurrection hero but it was clearly going to be hassle for little gain and now it's someone else's hassle for probably more gain.

Cheque for wheels went out btw, do me a favour and let me know when they are arriving as I'm not in work all the time at the mo. :)

Wu-Tangled":3c147hlf said:
scant":3c147hlf said:

Nah, quite the contrary. Don't worry, was well up for being a resurrection hero but it was clearly going to be hassle for little gain and now it's someone else's hassle for probably more gain.

Cheque for wheels went out btw, do me a favour and let me know when they are arriving as I'm not in work all the time at the mo. :)

will let ya know on the wheels :)

for anyones whos considering it. swapping out vast majority of steel bolts for ti/alu/nylon will loose you around 1/4lb. not a great amount of weight for the ££.. unless you're a weightweenie like me ;) :LOL:

The figure for a racing bike (motorised) was a lot more impressive.

Swapping all bolts for ti saved 4-5kg's on an average 650cc bike.

Was quite surprised it was that much.

Afore mentioned friend abroad is dealing in carbon bolts too. Now that's rude.

:shock:

couple of weeks ago spent nearly £60 at pro bolt :shock:

hey, garage full of bikes need a lot of bolts!!
..weenie? theres a forum addition for this discussion.... :D

Back