1991 Zaskar - Rebuild

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Great find !! :D
Looking forward to seeing it restored. What are the plans with the components ?
I'm not realy into GT, but I think I would look for Suntour components 'cause in those days ('91) Suntour was top of the line, though I don't know if GT switched over to Shimano by that time...

I also ordered from https://suspensionforkparts.net/eshop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=94

It took about one and a half week to get the parts home at an OK shipping price and nice communication.

I'm riding a Manitou 3 with the new elastomers. I tried with springs from Wings, but they didn't seem to fit. I realy had to compress the springs to get them inside, though I don't know how that works with a Manitou 1.

I don't know if there was an upgreat set from Englund for the Manitou 1, but I build in a cartridge damper on my Manitou 3 and it makes the fork far better with the rebound damper. Not as springy as it was anymore. Maybe you should check for such an upgrade if you're realy planning to ride the thing, though these are realy hard to find...

..now I read back this response, I see I used a lot of 'I don't know' in it, but I reckon that some other chaps on this site can confirm things.. :oops:

hope you keep us updated with the built

mvd1974":2tip396o said:
I'm not realy into GT, but I think I would look for Suntour components 'cause in those days ('91) Suntour was top of the line, though I don't know if GT switched over to Shimano by that time...

My early 91 build (12/90) had XT components.

Its going to have XT on it cause thats what I've got! Also my other bike is being put together with Suntour XCD so I'll have a bit of each, cheers.

This is a pic of my spare XT u brake for Alex Avalanche, I think its complete but the people on here will know better and can advise - as I said if you want it its your for postage.

I have left the spring assesmbled in the r/h caliper so you can see how it goes toegther. The brake blocks are knackered and not original.

The bits at the right hand side of t the pic are the boss's that screw into the frame - if you don't need these let me know as I can give them to someone that does - I think they are hard to find.

Attachments

• DSC_0221.jpg
    DSC_0221.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 810
kikaha said:
bull..it that you missed this auction............... 2 xt u-brakes for 2 euro

:shock: :cry: oh man, seems I did not pay attention to the parts, which are harder to get than the corresponding decals...

Back