1998 Intense M-1 SL

dualricki

Retro Newbie
Hi Lads

Just discovered this forum after years of restoring! I´ve been trying to restore an M-1 SL for about five years and I´m almost done. Some final snags are remaining:

#1 Need downtube decals and headbadge and Intense does not carry niether one of them anymore.

#2 Would be nice to have the correct model Answer Pro Tapers (the ones with stickers instead of laser eched graphics) and preferebly uncut.

#3 Should probably be MRP Ultraspeed or World Cup instead of Slalom´s wich is the current placeholder.

#4 How about an old style Controltech seat post (31,6) or maybe a Sun Ringlé Moby if they were ever made in that specific diameter.

#5 Manitou X-Vert Carbons with integrated stem... Mmm...

Except for these small issues the bike is in mint condition. Forks and shock has been tftuned, all bearings replaced and a lot of polishing and tlc has gone into it. Not to mention the hours spent on the internet to find the right stuff. Forks was really tough and took me about two years and I had to buy three forks to get one working! If anybody need some ´98 BoXXer parts give me a shout.

If you own any of the items listed above send me a PM.

Attachments

• M1 1.JPG
    M1 1.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,867
  • M1 2.JPG
    M1 2.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 1,867
  • M1 3.JPG
    M1 3.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 1,867
  • M1 4.JPG
    M1 4.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 1,867
I absolutely love Intense M1's, have owned several in my time..... they just ride so incredibly well.

That's a great build you have, there's a noticable difference between the Boxxers and X-Vert Carbons..... both are good forks though.

LeeDevelopment":2qs7rh2b said:
I absolutely love Intense M1's, have owned several in my time..... they just ride so incredibly well.

That's a great build you have, there's a noticable difference between the Boxxers and X-Vert Carbons..... both are good forks though.

Glad you like it!
Took it for a ride yesterday on my local hill and I must say that it works really good even compared to some of my friends modern bikes.

Can you describe that difference? What about geometry, is there a big difference in axle to crown hieght?

Cheers

i had x-vert carbons 2001 7" travel on my M1, they were new condition when i bought them, and they looked great on the period bike.
However after giving them hell in Morzine in 2008 they were a little worse for wear.
Boxxers will ride like new and certainly look better on the bike.

welcome to the club please post here as well.

i sent you a PM..

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Another ex-owner here - Mine had the short travel plates and had White Brother UD150's on it for a while, and then swapped to some Marzocchi MrT - these where the ubber rare hand built for DH race team ones :cool:

Lovely bikes.

Back