What to do with this Kirk frame?

Any advice as the best place to sell it? Gonna let my lbs have a look over it to make sure it's ok tomorrow.

It is lovely to look at but it deserves a re-build and the best i could do would be to buy a donor bike, and i dont think that'd do it justice.

I thought this was Retrobike.co.uk!!! :eek:

I don't quite get what you mean when you say you thought this was retrobike.co.uk? Within three hours of posting you got both good advice and an enthusiastic expression of interest!

The best places to sell it are either here or eBay, I'd reckon. It doesn't (to my eyes) look right for a fixed conversion, which rules out lfgss. Wherever you sell it, it's the kind of frame that is only going to go to a buyer who wants to treat it right, I'd reckon!

Cheers! :D

Makrie":1wrbr1vp said:
I don't quite get what you mean when you say you thought this was retrobike.co.uk? Within three hours of posting you got both good advice and an enthusiastic expression of interest!

No offence intended. Just thought there may have been a little more opinion/insight/advice other than just "Sell it". I haven't seen it since i was 10 and couldn't believe it was still there!

None taken - and I can kinda see where you're coming from!

Back to the frame - does anyone else kinda wish Kirk had designed their own fork to go with the frame? To me, lugged bent steel just looks sort-of out of place on a frame as radical as that!

DSCF0124.jpg

Neat how (in that photo at least) the frame looks so unblemished and 'modern' (in a retro way) while the forks looks old and a bit tired!

But yeah, sell it... ;)

Ohhh, interesting.

Don't see many of those around. Here's an original pic from BiTD

P1000586b.jpg

Think the TVM pro team road them for a bit.

Would make an interesting project. As for the ride I'm not sure it'd be earth shattering. Hear kirk were quite heavy.

As for the response. Some say sell because they'd like it. Others say sell because they have nothing useful to say otherwise. To be fair your original post does come over as if you want to move it on....

If it was me I'd keep it and rebuild it. why not :cool:

If you have to sell list it here first or on ebay with reserve. Such an unususl item could get good money or very little. who actually knows!

Rebuild it I reckon. Everyone should try road biking! It is stranglely addictive! On a Kirk you will never go unnoticed!

Back