FSR Rear Suspension Parts

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Looking for 2 brake bosses for my FSR rear triangle as pictured.... apparently they might be hard to source (according to the LBS) although I don't yet know why..?

Tips, hints and clues appreciated...

Neil

Attachments

• FSR brake mounts 2.jpg
    FSR brake mounts 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 876
  • FSR brake mounts.jpg
    FSR brake mounts.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 876
What thread are they?

Simod was rumaging through some m8 and m10's the other day. 5/16 unc might be hareder to find, but could be made.

Im after some brake bosses for my 98 orange o2, unfortunately i dont have anything to compare them too as they were missing when i recieved the frame, However im guessing they are m10's or 5/16". I took a pair of verniers home and the ID accross the thread seemed too large at to be M8 i was contemplating having some made if i couldnt get hold of any.

Nuts

I'm not up on my nuts and bolts - my LBS was talking about coarse and fine threads - does that mean a broader thread is 'coarse'? If that's the case, then these are coarse and, compared to the ones I had in my toolbox, quite short and stumpy in depth.

Have bought these from China(!) as they look suspiciously similiar from the photo - but it's a shot in the dark!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting

Oooh, the trials and tribulations of retrobuilding....

Neil

Attachments

• boss.jpg
    boss.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 854
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
A lot of US stuff is/was imperial. My AMP ones are, Cannondale, Fat Chance etc etc. Good chance these are too.

Back