Tip of the Day

jonrock

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I remember seeing a post about someone who had some creaking coming from the BB area on their bike.
Well at the weekend I had a similar thing!Couldnt work it out so thought it could be the BB as there was some play.In removing it the ring snapped from the thread so this was replaced with a brand new one.When I went out it was still creaking...but then I noticed it was only the front middle ring that the creaking was coming from.Low and behold it was the chain ring bolts that werent qiute fully tightened when I had put them on.Problem solved!
J

Hi J,

yep that was me, my creaking has sorted itself too..think it was the addition of a new bottom bracket for me!

R

There was an article in an american mag that listed what the various noises on your bike were.

Squeeks, creaks, bangs, groans etc, apparently each part makes a different noise.

I'll see if i've still got it and post the article.

many of the proflexes between 1995-1997 (855, 856, XP series, 857) make a clunk which is the top of the rear shock moving when jumping as the bolt holding the top is slightly narrower than the hole it goes through in the ODS shock...

bit of largely useless info there for you this morning... :D

I went out for a ride with Sticklegs yesterday and on the first climb my bike started making extremely odd noises.

Towards the end of the ride it got noticably harder to turn the pedals... It turns out that the noise was caused by the collapse of my bottom bracket bearings. Boooooo!

Back